Windows 10: Delay when entering PIN

Discus and support Delay when entering PIN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/So0Yrv6 Any idea what could be causing this? (Lock Screen is already turned off with no success) submitted by /u/bigolnutsdude... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigolnutsdude, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Delay when entering PIN

/u/bigolnutsdude, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Delay when entering PIN [​IMG]

Delay when entering PIN [​IMG]

Kupuna, Aug 15, 2022
  3. How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Delay when entering PIN

PIN Entry on Enter

Hi,

To disable your PIN login, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove. It will ask for a confirmation, just click
      Remove.

After that, your PIN login will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Delay when entering PIN

1. Delay when entering PIN - Similar Threads - Delay entering PIN

2. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin: hi, i got a new laptop today, windows 11, was setting it up and one time after restarting the pin just stopped working and now everytime i want to login i have to press "forgot pin" and login via code to my email and change pin afterwards, tried accessibility options or on...
  3. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin: hi, i got a new laptop today, windows 11, was setting it up and one time after restarting the pin just stopped working and now everytime i want to login i have to press "forgot pin" and login via code to my email and change pin afterwards, tried accessibility options or on...
  4. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  5. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  6. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  7. Pin Number delay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number delay?: Windows 11.After a few minutes if not active my PC displays a Windows screen with the account and date over a blue MS image.I then have to click the screen and it goes to the 'Insert Pin Number box.How do I extend the time from a few minutes to perhaps 30 mins as you can in...
  8. Pin Number delay?

Pin Number delay?: Windows 11.After a few minutes if not active my PC displays a Windows screen with the account and date over a blue MS image.I then have to click the screen and it goes to the 'Insert Pin Number box.How do I extend the time from a few minutes to perhaps 30 mins as you can in...
  9. Challenge Phrase when Pin entered incorrectly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge Phrase when Pin entered incorrectly: This came from being asked for the Challenge Phrase to unlock the computer when I had entered the wrong Pin to log into Windows. I cannot find a single legitimate answer to where this phrase is set or how to change it. Why is there no simple FAQ answer from Microsoft to...
  10. Delayed Login after password entered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed Login after password entered.: Hello All, I am using licensed version of windows 10 pro with all the latest updated. Since last two updated i am facing one issue. Windows boots fast till it reaches the password screen. It hardly takes 1 min. When I enter password, it shows please wait and loader for...