Windows 10: Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound)

Discus and support Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I experience a delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound) with uefi + ultra fast boot I didn't have that issue at all when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oh microsoft, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound)

I experience a delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound) with uefi + ultra fast boot

I didn't have that issue at all when my win 10 had been booting with MBR/BIOS + ultra fast boot. The process was slower somewhat, and, I guess, the enclosure had more time to initialize before the desktop screen. With GPT/UEFI, howerver, the boot process is much faster. It seems the storage can't keep up. Is there a way to fix that, apart from changing the storage or relocating disks to sata connection?

Win 10 1809 17763.195
    Win 10's fast startup option is off.
    The enclosure is Akitio NT2U3 USB 3.0 with 2 hdds. NT2 U3 | USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure with RAID | AKiTiO
    The mother board is GA-Z97X-UD5H GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
    Specs: https://i.imgur.com/jwGIe7E.pngUsb
    Usb view: https://i.imgur.com/Yy1xrCq.jpgUsb
    Usb connection RL: https://i.imgur.com/j8LJoYT.jpgPower
    Power plan: https://i.imgur.com/0eQlz3B.jpg https://i.imgur.com/4FqqSJF.jpg
    Bios: https://i.imgur.com/qF30QCv.jpg https://i.imgur.com/SD68ods.jpg
    Stuff: https://i.imgur.com/Q1GiC6m.jpg

EXCI mode: enabled (others are smart auto, auto, disabled)
    ECHI mode: enabled
    XHCI hand-off: enabled
    EHCI hand-off: enabled

If XHCI is smart auto + ultra fast boot, I get delayed periphery and DAC (the red sound icon) detection (mouse + kb) and ofc mass storage too. Also, sometimes: dcom "The server {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."
    If XHCI is smart auto + disabled fast boot, everything is fine at desktop startup, no delays with anything, no device connected sound.

IF XHCI is enabled + ultra fast boot - DCOM error, even MB's lan lagged for a sec with yellow icon, red sound icon, device connected sound, global usb device delay in other words.
    If XHCI is enabled + disabled fast boot - everything is fine: no global usb devices delay (kb+m+dac), no device connected sound, no DCOM.

If external storage is disconnected - non of these permutations matter, it's always nice and responsive boot from the very first moments desktop appears.

:)

oh microsoft, Dec 25, 2018

2. "Write Protect" on a USB storage device on Windows 10.

Hi Jeffery,

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Inappropriate permissions given to the device.
    • Presence of virus/malware content on the device.
    • Corrupted USB drive.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check by connecting the storage device to other computers (apart from Acer Tablet and home build PC with USB 3)?
    • What is the exact error message received on the computer?

Method 1: Scan the PC for the presence of virus/malware content by running the antivirus security software. Run the antivirus security software twice to detect and confirm the presence of malware/virus on your PC. Check
    for the status of the scan to view the presence of virus/malware.

Method 2: If the issue persists, check the file’s attributes of the storage device by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and check if the storage device is detected in the window.
    • If detected, right click on the device and select Properties from the context menu.
    • Uncheck Read Only and click Apply.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of “Write Protect” USB storage Device on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 25, 2018
  3. USB Mass Storage device is an older USB device and moight not work with USB 3.0

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Hardware and Devices

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Right click the USB Mass Storage Device in the list

Click Uninstall

Restart then check if its detected and working.

Other things you can try:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound)

Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound)

1. Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound) - Similar Threads - Delayed detection usb

2. Bluetooth device sound delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device sound delay: Since I installed Windows 11 it's just problems all around, it is so annoying that sound is delayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-sound-delay/904b0140-3c6f-4a94-a4f8-e8e5ce05d059
  3. Bluetooth device sound delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device sound delay: Since I installed Windows 11 it's just problems all around, it is so annoying that sound is delayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-sound-delay/904b0140-3c6f-4a94-a4f8-e8e5ce05d059
  4. Bluetooth device sound delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device sound delay: I just recently installed Windows 11 on my computer. Before I could easily connect to my soundbar with bluetooth and it was working just fine, no delay completely normal sound.Since I installed Windows 11 it's just problems all around, it is so annoying that sound is delayed...
  5. Bluetooth device sound delay

Bluetooth device sound delay: I just recently installed Windows 11 on my computer. Before I could easily connect to my soundbar with bluetooth and it was working just fine, no delay completely normal sound.Since I installed Windows 11 it's just problems all around, it is so annoying that sound is delayed...
  6. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  7. Delayed wifi connection on startup

Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  8. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  10. USB Connected Devices not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connected Devices not detected: Laptop: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f202na Newly installed Windows 10 Hi I purchased this laptop some months ago using Windows 8.1. I had so many problems and hated the OS so much I upgraded to Windows 10. I have found that some devices I plug in via USB work just fine...