Windows 10: Delayed keyboard/mouse

Discus and support Delayed keyboard/mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i start my computer from sleep or start up there is a 2 minute delay before my keyboard and mouse work, the touch screen works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidLaird, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Delayed keyboard/mouse

when i start my computer from sleep or start up there is a 2 minute delay before my keyboard and mouse work, the touch screen works fine

:)

DavidLaird, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

mouse delays

Hi Peter,

It is possible that you're experiencing mouse lag after update due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue.

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest that you follow these options:

Option 1: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Option 2: Enable / Disable Scroll Inactive Windows:

• Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Now locate the Scroll Inactive Windows option and disable / enable it.
    • Try disabling and enabling this option a few times and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 3: Change Palm Check Threshold:

• Go to Mouse & Touchpad settings.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options.
    • Next choose TouchPad Tab.
    • Click on Settings and go to Advanced Tab.
    • Locate the Palm Check Threshold and move it all the way to the left.

Option 4: Set the touchpad to No Delay

To do this navigate to Mouse & Touchpad settings like we explained in the previous steps. Now find the
    Touchpad section and set the delay before clicks to No delay (always on).

Option 5: Change your mouse frequency

Sometimes mouse lag problems can be related to its frequency. This issue usually affects wireless mice, and if your mouse is lagging, you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting its frequency.

To do that, open your mouse configuration software and change its frequency from 500 to 250Hz. After doing that, your mouse will start working normally.

Option 6: Disable Fast Startup:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, select Power Options.
    • Now click on Choose what the power button does.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on
      Save changes
    • After disabling Fast Startup, the issue should be resolved and your mouse will start working again.

Option 7: Change your Clickpad settings:

• Navigate to Mouse section in Control Panel.
    • Go to Clickpad settings. Navigate to Advanced > Smart Sense and set
      Filter to 0.

Option 8: Roll back your drivers:

• Open Win + X menu by pressing Windows Key + X. Now select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your mouse or Realtek audio driver and double click it.
    • Go to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button if available. If
      Roll Back Driver button is grayed out, this solution doesn’t apply to you.

Option 9: Change Power management options:

• Go to Device Manager and double click USB Hub device to open its properties.
    • When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK
      to save changes.
    • Keep in mind that you need to repeat these steps for all USB Hub devices on your PC. After making the necessary changes, the issues with your mouse will be resolved.

Option 10: I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Jackson Chris on this
    thread.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 12, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Delayed keyboard/mouse

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Delayed keyboard/mouse

1. Delayed keyboard/mouse - Similar Threads - Delayed keyboard mouse

2. Delay mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delay mouse: Good evening, I have a problem on windows 10 and windows 11, I installed them cleanly, I installed different video drivers, I uninstalled the drivers from the peripherals,but the problem does not disappear. The problem is the delay, I noticed especially with the mouse, the...
  3. Delay mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay mouse: Good evening, I have a problem on windows 10 and windows 11, I installed them cleanly, I installed different video drivers, I uninstalled the drivers from the peripherals,but the problem does not disappear. The problem is the delay, I noticed especially with the mouse, the...
  4. Mouse and keyboard delay but controller dont.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard delay but controller dont.: I'm trying to play on the xbox game pass for pc but hitman 3, death stranding and even minecraft win 10 causes the mouse and keyboard to delay a lot. but when i play this games on controller it works perfectly. it isn't the driver of the keyboard or mouse and i don't have...
  5. Mouse and keyboard delay but controller dont.

Mouse and keyboard delay but controller dont.: I'm trying to play on the xbox game pass for pc but hitman 3, death stranding and even minecraft win 10 causes the mouse and keyboard to delay a lot. but when i play this games on controller it works perfectly. it isn't the driver of the keyboard or mouse and i don't have...
  6. Click Delay Between Keyboard and Mouse Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click Delay Between Keyboard and Mouse Inputs: I'm currently having the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delay-between-keyboard-input-and-mouse-input/2870424a-4aa1-4012-b560-38709161c6b3 where my keyboard inputs have approximately a 1-second delay between the mouse input. I tried the...
  7. Click Delay Between Keyboard and Mouse Inputs

Click Delay Between Keyboard and Mouse Inputs: I'm currently having the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delay-between-keyboard-input-and-mouse-input/2870424a-4aa1-4012-b560-38709161c6b3 where my keyboard inputs have approximately a 1-second delay between the mouse input. I tried the...
  8. Click Delay Between Keyboard and Mouse Inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  10. Weird mouse and keyboard latency/delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird mouse and keyboard latency/delay: So when i try to play csgo, my game feels slower than before like mouse precious is not as it should be, also the movement is slower. I tried to reinstal windows couple of times, other versions but it doesnt help. I can see the difference between moving my mouse when i fresly...