Windows 10: Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all

Discus and support Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm experiencing a horrible keyboard lag (after some time it disappears but reappears again after some time of using my computer) and the touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irma Balčiūnaitė, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all

So I'm experiencing a horrible keyboard lag (after some time it disappears but reappears again after some time of using my computer) and the touchpad isn't working at all (stays the whole time). The last time I've experienced this problem was when I installed Asus Smart Gesture so that I could disable the touchpad with Alt+f9. I uninstalled it and the problem went away. But this time I don't have ASG installed. The problem occured after I manually updated my drivers via Driver Easy and restarted my computer a few times. I feel really stupid for not manually creating restore points for every driver. Anyone know the solution to my problem? Don't tell me to update keyboard drivers (I can't find any on Asus website, maybe you can), update touchpad drivers (the installation can't be completed for some reason), disable FilterKeys (they're already disabled and turning them on and off didn't work either), boot in Safe Mode (the problem still remains in Safe Mode) or create a new account (problem remains on a new account too and I lose all of my files on top of that). The only thing that kind of worked was performing a clean boot, as it made the lag disappear after shorter time than it used to. My Asus laptop model is N550JX. Hope someone can help.

:)

Irma Balčiūnaitė, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Problem trackpad and keyboard sometimes don't work at startup.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall keyboard driver.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all

1. Delayed keyboard response after startup or wake up and touchpad not working at all - Similar Threads - Delayed keyboard response

2. Touchpad response delay randomly on windows 11 22H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad response delay randomly on windows 11 22H2.: Sometimes I'm facing curser movement delay with touchpad only Its random and annoying, while with mouse there's no problem as such. How to solve it, please help.Device: MSI modern 14 C7M, Ryzen 5 7530u 16GB [Windows11, 22H2].Driver is the default one from Microsoft version-...
  3. Touchpad response delay randomly on windows 11 22H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad response delay randomly on windows 11 22H2.: Sometimes I'm facing curser movement delay with touchpad only Its random and annoying, while with mouse there's no problem as such. How to solve it, please help.Device: MSI modern 14 C7M, Ryzen 5 7530u 16GB [Windows11, 22H2].Driver is the default one from Microsoft version-...
  4. Keyboard partially working after wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard partially working after wake up: About 1 in 5 times that Windows wakes up from sleep the keyboard will not type. The only fix I've found is to restart the computer.It's a Logitech MX Mechanical Bluetooth, however, the integrated volume up and down buttons do work, and the device is recognized by the...
  5. Keyboard partially working after wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard partially working after wake up: About 1 in 5 times that Windows wakes up from sleep the keyboard will not type. The only fix I've found is to restart the computer.It's a Logitech MX Mechanical Bluetooth, however, the integrated volume up and down buttons do work, and the device is recognized by the...
  6. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.

Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.: I am using a dell E5430 and I never had any issue like this up to now. Every time I put my laptop on sleep and then wake up, my mouse and keyboard stop working so I need to make an Hard-restart with the help of the power button as it became 100% unresponsive. I have...
  8. Delays on keyboard response

Delays on keyboard response: I'm using AMD8 with win 10 pro and the problem is that when I press a certain letter it will not continue to populate, meaning it will stop in a certain time and it does not continue even if I use the arrow key to go back to a certain word it stops which is unusual. I have...
  9. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  10. Delays in responses

in Browsers and Email
    Delays in responses: Hi all, I was using Win 7 x64 and for modernity's sake migrated to Win 10 x64. Because of my location, Iran, I must use a VPN in order to connect with the majority of websites. It was good on Win 7 but now although I use the same VPN and my bandwidth is even higher, when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and trackpad delay when waking