Windows 10: delaying start-up and restart

Discus and support delaying start-up and restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After installing the latest update on win 10 Pro version 1903 64 bit, namely KB4505903 and KB4508433 my start-up or restarting time increased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by F.B.B., Jul 28, 2019.

1. F.B.B. Win User

delaying start-up and restart

Hello,

After installing the latest update on win 10 Pro version 1903 64 bit, namely KB4505903 and KB4508433 my start-up or restarting time increased from 52 sec to 171 sec. When asking for a restart the PC seems to fall asleep for 171 sec., wakes up and restarts as usual. All I can see is a blinking white block on the screen on the top left corner which moves after 171 sec to the middle and the start-up or restart comes to life. Prior to use a recovery point on the back-up disk, I would like to know whether my problem could be fixed in a better and simpler way. Regards.

:)

F.B.B., Jul 28, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

delaying start-up and restart [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 28, 2019
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Jul 28, 2019
  4. rdmeyer Win User

Delay in starting after Restart

I have noticed that when I restart Windows 10 it takes about 7 or 8 minutes to completely restart. When I start from a shut down computer it can start up in 1 or 2 minutes. I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit with an Intel Core i3 processor.

Why is there such a long delay after restart?

rdmeyer, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. delaying start-up and restart - Similar Threads - delaying start restart

2. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delayed adaptor start: Hello — I been running win 10 on all of my computers and when I noticed the alert that 22H2 was available for download I installed it on the first of my computers. The first was a laptop, but it connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. I was surprised that it was...
  3. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1.On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its direct to log in with pin with seconds. 2.When log on appears it...
  4. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: This is a duplicate post. I posted in wrong area earlier. Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1. On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its...
  5. Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Up Screen different in Restart and Start up: Running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.630. 1.On restart background screen shows date and time only for about 20 seconds then Pin log on area shows after pressing a key or moving mouse. On Shut Down and then Reboot its direct to log in with pin with seconds. 2.When log on appears it...
  6. Start up delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up delay: Password request does not pop up after 5 minutes or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-delay/909a7a85-d31d-4449-b98c-b8513004ea31
  7. Delayed "boot-up" on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delayed "boot-up" on restart: Many times, not always when doing a restart or a start-up after a shutdown, after the "HP" logo comes up and the little dots spin circles for about 30 seconds the screen goes black and stays that way for an extended time. I can hear noise in the background like something is...
  8. Windows 10 - Long delay at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Long delay at start up: Since update Windows ver 1809 on 26/4/19. Reliability History informs 'Windows was not properly shutdown' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-long-delay-at-start-up/672c7a12-841b-48a9-8510-5bde5ca46072
  9. New Apps Causing Start up Delay Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps Causing Start up Delay Notification: I got a notification that some apps I have are delaying my start up time. It seems like 25 seconds is too slow for MS. Strange thing is that none of the apps were MS apps. So I went into settings and stopped all but two MS aps from running in the background. 27841
  10. PC Will not start up or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Will not start up or Restart: This started last week, after a crucial update I believe, but I cannot be sure. First of all the start and search buttons would not work. I tried many of the repairs found doing a search but none worked, including trying a restore point, which it failed. I then tried...