Windows 10: Delete a bad email account address

Discus and support Delete a bad email account address in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm setting up my new computer and entered a bad email address. Everything I read is telling me how to delete the account. The only problem and verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim S10, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Tim S10 Win User

Delete a bad email account address

I'm setting up my new computer and entered a bad email address. Everything I read is telling me how to delete the account. The only problem and verify its my account because Microsoft keeps sending the code to the bad address. HELP!

:)

Tim S10, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Tim S10 Win User

I'm setting up my new computer and entered a bad email address. Everything I read is telling me how to delete the account. The only problem and verify its my account because Microsoft keeps sending the code to the bad address. HELP!

Tim S10, Jul 26, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Delete a bad email account address

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Delete a bad email account address - Similar Threads - Delete bad email

2. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  3. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  4. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recreate my old email address after account deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recreate my old email address after account deletion: I deleted my personal microsoft account because it was a base account and i have a business account with the same email address and everything synced to my personal not my business account and i got fedup txing photos etc. over I now can't use my Minecraft account. I can't...
  6. Recreate my old email address after account deletion

Recreate my old email address after account deletion: I deleted my personal microsoft account because it was a base account and i have a business account with the same email address and everything synced to my personal not my business account and i got fedup txing photos etc. over I now can't use my Minecraft account. I can't...
  7. Deleting spam email addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting spam email addresses: Sorry that was an error by me I am on windows 10, using gmail or googlemail. I keep getting lots of spam emails which do go to my spam folder and I delete them. I now have a problem whereby when I send an email and go to the 'to' line these spam email adresses come up. I...
  8. Deleting old email addresses

Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  9. how to delete an email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete an email address: How to delete email address in AOL mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address/4de7f667-85f2-45e0-aea5-c14ef5be4845
  10. Delete email account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete email account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***": Seit Wochen schreiben Sie mir, Sie hätten keine Berechtigung zum Abrufen von emails von obigem Konto? Diese email Adresse habe ich nie benutzt und bitte Sie daher, dieses Konto zu löschen, was mir leider unter "Einstellungen syncronisioeren" nicht gelungen ist. Also bitte...