Windows 10: Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

Discus and support Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; By a big mistake, I ended up working on my Backup USB hard drive which is encrypted with Bitlocker. There I happen to delete the "volume" partition so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Søren Niels, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

By a big mistake, I ended up working on my Backup USB hard drive which is encrypted with Bitlocker. There I happen to delete the "volume" partition so it now stands as 5 TB unallocated space - then I stopped everything when I suddenly discovered it. That's it, the disk has not been formatted or written to subsequently Can I do anything to get i t back

:)

Søren Niels, Feb 23, 2022

2. recovery partition deleted by mistake

Dear community

i have deleted recovery partition by mistake. so please help to create same recovery partition. my windows configuration is windows 8.

Future anything happen with my commuter that time i will helpless. so suggest pls

prasenjitmalakar, Feb 23, 2022
  3. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

Yes, it was stupid. Is this going to be a problem to correct?

The C: drive is the only encrypted disk and it is working. I had three partitions showing in Disk Management shown from left to right as 100 MB, 435GB and 500mb. The 500MB was listed as RECOVERY. I deleted it without turning BitLocker off. Now I have left
    to right 450MB UNALLOCATED, 435GB and 100MB. Diskpart lists the 16MB boot partition). Why is it re-ordered after the OEM RECOVERY was deleted?

I would like to add the space to the C: drive but as it is listed first, expansion cannot occur. I would appreciate any insight on this!

Some-TechGuy777, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

1. Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back - Similar Threads - Delete bitlocker partition

2. How can I recover a deleted 2 bitlocker partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover a deleted 2 bitlocker partition?: My hard drive is 465.76 GB. It has 3 partitions. Two of its partition is BitLocker encrypted for storing personal data. Another 1 is not BitLocker encrypted. These partitions were accidentally deleted while doing a windows installation at the screen where I was supposed to...
  3. How can I recover a deleted 2 bitlocker partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover a deleted 2 bitlocker partition?: My hard drive is 465.76 GB. It has 3 partitions. Two of its partition is BitLocker encrypted for storing personal data. Another 1 is not BitLocker encrypted. These partitions were accidentally deleted while doing a windows installation at the screen where I was supposed to...
  4. How can I recover a deleted 2 bitlocker partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back: By a big mistake, I ended up working on my Backup USB hard drive which is encrypted with Bitlocker. There I happen to delete the "volume" partition so it now stands as 5 TB unallocated space - then I stopped everything when I suddenly discovered it. That's it, the disk has...
  6. Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a bitlocker partition by mistake - can I get it back: By a big mistake, I ended up working on my Backup USB hard drive which is encrypted with Bitlocker. There I happen to delete the "volume" partition so it now stands as 5 TB unallocated space - then I stopped everything when I suddenly discovered it. That's it, the disk has...
  7. Can not get partition back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not get partition back: Hello! I was attempting to make a partition Drive D: so I could clone our PC onto our laptop. Ended up not needing it. I followed the steps given by a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHjolzl7Gk&t=33s and followed them triple checking every action as well to...
  8. i by mistake permanently deleted my bluetooth driver how can i get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i by mistake permanently deleted my bluetooth driver how can i get it back: this was back in march i had deleted the bluetooth driver and then it asked to permantly delete so i said yes in a video i had seen i could get it back but when i rewatched it, it had said not to permanently delete it and i dont know what to do so if i can somehow fix this...
  9. Bitlocker Deleted Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker Deleted Partition: So, after downloading Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348 my computer system started to have some issues. I decided to restore my operating system from a previous image. Everything went well until I noticed that one of my internal drives which had BitLocker enabled had...
  10. can delete - i had a mistake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can delete - i had a mistake: my mistake, please delete*Smile 39396