Windows 10: Delete a DAT file

Discus and support Delete a DAT file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chillyjhm, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Chillyjhm Win User

Delete a DAT file

Hello,

My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file?

Thanks,

Chillyjhm

:)

Chillyjhm, Mar 28, 2020
  2. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Mar 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    need some help opening a .dat file.....

I don't know if will help, but I noticed in a thread someone (@chefsuccess.com) mentioned, that, you need to use the restore to import the file.

I don't use the software, so, I have no idea on the steps/procedure.

Goodluck*Smile Delete a DAT file :)

EDIT:

Dam* those how-to web sites have everything.

Hope this helps: How to Switch Pampered Chef Files From One Computer to Another

95Viper, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Delete a DAT file

.dat files

i had all these .dat files in my recycle bin and what will happen if i delete them

Michael LambRT, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Delete a DAT file

1. Delete a DAT file - Similar Threads - Delete DAT file

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  6. Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.: Hi, I hope I am in the forum for this question. Several yrs. ago I put some jpeg/jpg images on a CD-R disc., I wanted to view them and put them in my pictures folder. When I put the disc in to view the pictures they open in a Power Media Player program and it has all of the...
  7. Associate .dat files to NotePad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Associate .dat files to NotePad: I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded to use for .dat...
  8. *.dat file is opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    *.dat file is opening in Notepad: I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default....
  9. .Dat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Dat: a pop up window on my lap top screen keeps popping up asking...'how do you want '.Dat' file to open??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat/c86468b5-08a2-45b3-aa6b-0f576f581b3c"
  10. Saving a .dat file to Sd

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a .dat file to Sd: Windows 10. Surface Book. I've downloaded a .dat file to update a camera's firmware. I copy the file to SD. When I take the SD out the file disappears. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. 86097