Windows 10: delete a file in folders

Discus and support delete a file in folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidclark703, May 17, 2022.

1. delete a file in folders

how to delete a file in folders

:)

davidclark703, May 17, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused delete a file in folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well delete a file in folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 17, 2022
  3. Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, May 17, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

delete a file in folders

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 17, 2022
Thema:

delete a file in folders

1. delete a file in folders - Similar Threads - delete file folders

2. Useful Files & folders deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Useful Files & folders deleted: I am using desktop computer with windows 11. My files & folders on which I worked, got suddenly deleted. It was shown in recent list but couldn't get it back. This was repeatedly & randomly happened. Please help.....
  3. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  4. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  5. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  6. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  7. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994
  8. Deleting Folders/Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders/Files: I have an unwanted folder that contains an exe file called quandam.exe. The exe file continuously produces more exe files, which are adwawres. When attempting to delete it normally, I get the error message: 'Folder In Use'. When attempting to delete it in command prompt, the...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...