Windows 10: Delete a person from Microsoft People

Discus and support Delete a person from Microsoft People in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to delete a person from my windows 10 People app. The command to delete the person has been grayed out and it says that the person is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by corrywd, Jun 25, 2020.

1. corrywd Win User

Delete a person from Microsoft People

I am trying to delete a person from my windows 10 People app. The command to delete the person has been grayed out and it says that the person is in there because my Skye account. However, when I check the Skype account the person is not listed as one of my Skype contacts. Interestingly, I also have another computer windows 10 where same person does not appear in the People app. How to I get rid of this person from the People app?

:)

corrywd, Jun 25, 2020

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 25, 2020
  3. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts.

I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled.

How to remove them?

Delete a person from Microsoft People [​IMG]

Delete a person from Microsoft People [​IMG]

swatstrike, Jun 25, 2020
  4. stouty214 Win User

cannot delete "recent" people in people hub

There is no native way to delete recent people in the people hub, even if you delete all conversations/call logs the person will still appear under recent people. The only time they are removed is when they have timed out after 8 additional people added
    to the recent list. This should be editable. Only workaround I have found is to delete their entry in contacts completely. Not ideal.

stouty214, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Delete a person from Microsoft People - Similar Threads - Delete person Microsoft

2. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App: Dear all,Is there a way I can recover a Personal Account that I have added previously on my Authenticator app? I accidentally deleted the account on my iOS device, and the problem is I did not have iCloud backup turned on at the point of time. Without this account, I am...
  3. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App: Dear all,Is there a way I can recover a Personal Account that I have added previously on my Authenticator app? I accidentally deleted the account on my iOS device, and the problem is I did not have iCloud backup turned on at the point of time. Without this account, I am...
  4. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  6. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  7. Delete people from the People App

Delete people from the People App: I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want to do; it the please permit me....
  8. Deletion by IT person of "PSD" from notebook.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deletion by IT person of "PSD" from notebook.: To cure a microsoft pop-up on a Lenovo Gen IV notebook, a Verizon tech removed the PSD causing new problems. How do we put it back or otherwise fix this?...
  9. Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642
  10. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642