Windows 10: Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

Discus and support Delete A Recent Contact in the People App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RC-978, Dec 11, 2019.

1. RC-978 Win User

Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread looking for fresh advice.

Somehow, two unrelated contacts of mine (my CPA and my son's school) became linked through either my Microsoft email app or my Microsoft people app. I have no idea how it happened, so I don't know which app is the source of the issue. Now, when I try to email my CPA, the associated name that comes up is my son's school. I don't want this.

I have tried deleting the both contact for the CPA and the contact for the school, thinking I could just start fresh. But whenever I try to add the CPA back into my contacts, a "Recent Contact" with my CPA's email address and the name of my son's school keeps popping up. The app offers to link the new contact I'm trying to create with the erroneous "Recent Contact", and I click "dismiss". Still, my CPA keeps coming up under the name of my son's school.

Next, I tried to delete the erroneous "Recent Contact", because this seems to be the source of the trouble. When I try to do that, "delete" isn't an option. If I right click the contact, "Delete" is grayed out. If I select the contact, the trashcan icon is missing. If I try to edit the erroneous recent contact, I get a message that reads:

"You can't change Recent contacts info on your device, but you can add details that will show up on their contact card."

I tried the "add details" option, hoping I could fix the erroneous recent contact information so at least the CPA's email address would be linked to the CPA's name. That didn't help. The CPA's email address is still coming up under the name of my son's school.

I'm convinced that the erroneous "Recent Contact" that I can't delete is the culprit. I have no idea how it happened (I already searched for any email messages that might have mistakenly connected the CPA with the school, and there are none). At this point--whatever the cause--I just want that recent contact connection gone. How do I do that?

:)

RC-978, Dec 11, 2019

2. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts.

I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled.

How to remove them?

Delete A Recent Contact in the People App [​IMG]

Delete A Recent Contact in the People App [​IMG]

swatstrike, Dec 11, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 11, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

The "recent contacts" are the list of people you recently emailed to. Some of those people might not be on your contact list at all.
    If you UN-check the box "Recent contacts (Microsoft People)", you will find that those contacts are no longer on the People list.

davidhk, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete A Recent Contact in the People App - Similar Threads - Delete Recent Contact

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  4. All contacts deleted in people app

All contacts deleted in people app: I forgot to sync my contacts to the mail and removed it from the people app. When i added the account back not even a singke contact was there. Is it possible that they may in stored in the memory of the laptop??...
  5. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  6. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  7. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  8. deleting contacts in people

deleting contacts in people: how do i delete all contacts at once in people app or delete account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-contacts-in-people/b27166c4-29e6-4b71-9a9c-96471f6e36ec
  9. People App Windows 10 - Unknown Recent Contacts Cannot be Deleted

People App Windows 10 - Unknown Recent Contacts Cannot be Deleted: Fumbling around on my computer, I noticed contacts in my "People" app that I did not enter...and cannot delete. They are "recent" contacts. I wouldn't be so concerned except for the fact that some of them appear to be normal contacts that I would expect to see but have...
  10. Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent contact