Windows 10: Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

Discus and support Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My "User Profiles" list includes 3 entries labelled "Account Unknown". Looking at the profiles listed in the registry in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rsbrux, Feb 13, 2021.

1. rsbrux Win User

Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

My "User Profiles" list includes 3 entries labelled "Account Unknown". Looking at the profiles listed in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList, it seems that the accounts are three accounts with SIDs starting with S-1-5-80, which were created when I installed SQL Server Express as a test. I have since uninstalled SQL Server Express. Is there any reason not to delete these 3 profiles? Is there any way to be sure that the 3 "Account Unknown" entries in the "User Profiles" really correspond to the registry entries I think they do?

:)

rsbrux, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Catbill Win User
    How to Fully Delete User Profiles/Accounts

Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate the time you took to write such a useful and thoughtful answer.

I followed your suggestions and was able to delete the correct user account in settings. I had hesitated to delete this because of different names for the same account and associated profile – it wasn’t clear what went with what. That is, the “Test” profile
    is associated with an account called “Cat Cru” under Manage Accounts in the Control Panel and something called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Netplwiz. I had everything backed up and took a chance that I was deleting the correct account.

Unfortunately neither "Test" nor its aliases appears in System Settings.

So, I still need “permission from the Administrators” to delete it. Under Advanced Folder Properties, the owner is “Administrators (-HP)\Administrators.” Under permission entries, this owner has full control. I am signed in as “,” an administrative
    account.

Question: What is “Administrators (-HP)\Administrators”? Is it the same as a user account or something else?

Question: Another Principal listed under permission entries is “Account unknown” followed by a long string of numbers. Out of curiosity, what is this?

Question: How do I give myself permission to delete the “Test” folder?

Thanks again.

Catbill, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

Recover deleted User Profile (Windows 7)

Hello,

We had 100mb remaining on the C drive. Decided to clean up by removing profiles that aren't used on the computer anymore.

So we went it to Computer>Properties>Advance system setting>User profiles

We've noticed a 34gb "Account Unknown" registered on the list and we have also our regular user profile (11gb). We deleted the 34gb to free up space. However, as soon as we deleted the Account Unknown, most of our files (applications and
    documents etc) were also taken out (DELETED). It seems that those files were removed as well. When we checked the User profiles again, our regular user profile was reduced to
    12mb.

Not exactly sure what happen there, we've tried rebooting the pc but we're unable to recover anything.

Anyone knows how to recover files, apps, documents from a deleted User profile?

Will appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Franco LeoRamos, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

1. Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"? - Similar Threads - Delete Account Unknown

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. Disc properties unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc properties unknown user: Today in my disc properties security tab I found an unknown user with some numbers and letters. I searched it on the internet and apparently it might not be a hacker or malware. What is it though? ShouldI delete it? Also, I don't remember making an account and then deleting...
  4. Disc properties unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc properties unknown user: Today in my disc properties security tab I found an unknown user with some numbers and letters. I searched it on the internet and apparently it might not be a hacker or malware. What is it though? ShouldI delete it? Also, I don't remember making an account and then deleting...
  5. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  7. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  8. I can't open user profiles under system properties

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I can't open user profiles under system properties: I can't open user profiles under system properties (or system protection). It freezes forever and doesn't load. I'm using Windows 10 21H1 However Process Explorer says it's doing something. - - - Updated - - - The window took 40 minutes to load. So it does work after all. I'm...
  9. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  10. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security): Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is " Account Unknwon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove unknown account windows 7

2. delating unkniwn user

3. delating unknown account windows 7

4. removing unknown user window 7,
  5. user profile account unknown