Windows 10: Delete Account

Discus and support Delete Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HiI'm having difficulty deleting an old Microsoft account. The internet server which I originally used to sign up with Microsoft no longer exists... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerryMason5, May 8, 2022.

1. Delete Account

HiI'm having difficulty deleting an old Microsoft account. The internet server which I originally used to sign up with Microsoft no longer exists therefor I am not able to send or receive emails on this server. If I try and delete the Microsoft account it asks me to sign into this account which of course is not possible. I have opened another account using my phone number but that does not give me access to the Microsoft store, each time I try to access the Microsoft store I still get a request to sign in using the old original email address.Any clues where I go from here?

:)

TerryMason5, May 8, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 8, 2022
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 8, 2022
  4. Samuria Win User

Delete Account

[Solved] Delete "Ghost" Account?

It wont show a users folder until its been logged in

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

Press Windows key, click on Settings.

Click on Account, click on Family and other users.

Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.

Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.

Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Samuria, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Delete Account

1. Delete Account - Similar Threads - Delete Account

2. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  3. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  4. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. How to delete ms account postal address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete ms account postal address: My microsoft account has an old postal sddress that I need to delete. It says This address is being used for your developer account, please contact us to change it, but when I follow the link I cannot find where to do this,...
  7. How to delete ms account postal address

How to delete ms account postal address: My microsoft account has an old postal sddress that I need to delete. It says This address is being used for your developer account, please contact us to change it, but when I follow the link I cannot find where to do this,...
  8. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  9. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  10. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security