Windows 10: Delete administrator account but keep the data

Discus and support Delete administrator account but keep the data in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I logged in my laptop using my school account. Now I want to transfer the admin right and all the data disk C:, D:, settings, etc. from this school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dang Quang Thien Tran, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Delete administrator account but keep the data

I logged in my laptop using my school account. Now I want to transfer the admin right and all the data disk C:, D:, settings, etc. from this school account to my personal Microsoft account, then delete the school account from my laptop. How can I do it? Thanks in advance.

:)

Dang Quang Thien Tran, Jul 4, 2020

2. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Delete administrator account but keep the data

delete administrator account

Hi,

Method 1. Delete an admin account via Settings

Step 1: Open Settings app by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and I keys on the keyboard.

Step 2: In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Family and other accounts. If you are on Enterprise edition of Windows 10, please navigate to Accounts > Other accounts.

Step 3: Here, you can see all admin as well as standard user accounts. As said before, the account which you have currently signed in doesn’t appear in the list here. For instance, if you have two admin accounts “A” and “B” on your PC, you need to sign in to
    account “A” to delete admin account “B.”

Step 4: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove. Click the Remove button.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, click Delete account and data button to delete the account and all data from the account.

Method 2. Delete admin account via Control Panel

Step 1: Open Control Panel. Change View by to Small icons. Click User Accounts.

Step 2: Click Manage another account link to see all user accounts on the PC.

Step 3: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove.

Step 4: Click Delete the account link.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, either click Delete Files or Keep Files button. If you click the Keep Files button, Windows automatically saves the data of the account in a folder on your current desktop before deleting the account.

Good luck...

MilagrosM2020, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Delete administrator account but keep the data

1. Delete administrator account but keep the data - Similar Threads - Delete administrator account

2. Deleting an administrative account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting an administrative account: How do I delete an administrative account on my PC Windows. It is a hacked email account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-administrative-account/79e397a7-acd1-4f3f-87d4-a860ff93cb68
  3. Deleted Administration Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Administration Account: Hi I mistakenly deleted my Administration Account from my PC before I had the alternative admin account set up on my pc. I now cannot access Windows. I can access the existing account from another pc and it shows it linked to the pc in question. But I cannot find any way...
  4. Delete Administrator Account

Delete Administrator Account: I am trying to reset my whole entire computer. I want to delete an administrator account and make my account the primary. It doesn't give me the option on this computer. I have done it on 2 other laptops with no problems, please help....
  5. Administrator account deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account deleted: I have removed the administrator rights from the administrator user by mistake. Now I am left with only standard user and I am not able to do any activity wherein administrative rights are required. I can see in users folder the administrator user name but not able to access...
  6. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data: hi, my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room. My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his email address is displayed in the lock screen and in many other places. I would like having my own Microsoft account as the...
  7. Deleted Administrator Account

Deleted Administrator Account: Hello, I was trying to delete all of my accounts on my pc so i don't have to put in password and login in everytime i get on but i guess i changed my administrator to local and now i can't really do anything and everything i do it requires me to sign in as administrator and...
  8. Delete administrator account

Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  9. delete administrator account

delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  10. Administrator account deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account deleted: I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as...