Windows 10: delete administrator password in windows 10

Discus and support delete administrator password in windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; how do I delete the administrator password in windows 10. I don't remember creating a password as a ADM Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by josephsilva1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. delete administrator password in windows 10

how do I delete the administrator password in windows 10. I don't remember creating a password as a ADM

Thanks

:)

josephsilva1, Apr 28, 2020

2. Is there a way to delete the administrator profile without the password on Windows 10?

Hello Kolby,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes
    to other user accounts.

You will be able to delete another user account only if you are the administrator with complete user rights on the PC. If you are using a local or administrator with limited user rights account, you will not be able to delete the account unless you
    know the administrator password of the actual administrative user profile.

Since you do not know the password of the Administrator user profile, you will not be able to make any major system changes on the PC.

Step 1: If you get to know the administrator password, I suggest you to convert the user profile to administrator profile
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Control panel and click on the top most search result.

• Select User Accounts or Change account type
      from the window and click on your user account name.

• Select Administrator and click on
      Change account type.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to delete the user profile:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Enter the administrator password when prompted and click OK
    • Enter net user and press Enter. You will now see all user account in the system.
    • Then type net user accname /del and press Enter. For example: If you want to delete the user account named
      computer, then the command line net user computer /del.
    • Reboot the PC and check if the changes are effective

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

delete administrator password in windows 10 [​IMG]

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

4. P4-630 Win User

delete administrator password in windows 10

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

delete administrator password in windows 10

1. delete administrator password in windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete administrator password

2. administration password for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administration password for windows 10: Does anyone know how to change or find out their administration user account password im on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-password-for-windows-10/6afcfbd8-ce38-4131-adb8-d071fc6be32f
  3. administration password for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administration password for windows 10: Does anyone know how to change or find out their administration user account password im on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-password-for-windows-10/6afcfbd8-ce38-4131-adb8-d071fc6be32f
  4. administration password for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 administrator password: I desperately need to either recover my Windows 10 administer password or establish a new administrator account. Right now I can't install software. I have looked online for help but haven't found anything useful. Can anyone help? Alfred Bowman...
  6. windows 10 administrator password expired

windows 10 administrator password expired: hi my windows administrator account password has expired and was not notified that i have to change it and I have no idea how i can login or change my password as certain apps require administrator account password I am stuck here please help how can I fix this issue....
  7. Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

Windows 10 asking Or administrative password: After resetting my Dell laptop to factory settings I can’t do anything. I cannot get into my computer it keeps asking for a administrator password. What can I do?...
  8. Windows 10 administrator password

Windows 10 administrator password: I purchased an acer laptop from Staples just over a year ago, running Windows 10. I never bothered setting up a user, just the primary administrator account to login; with a very simple password. The password has never been changed, and always worked until a week ago... From...
  9. recover administrator password on Windows 10

recover administrator password on Windows 10: Forgot my Windows 10 admin password. Is there a way to get in without reinstalling the OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/recover-administrator-password-on-windows-10/6a2b93f9-bb9f-4ddd-a40e-60c31a1894ac"
  10. Problems with administration password windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with administration password windows 10: Problem is I cannot access my Windows 10 as it wont accept my password (I had set my boot to safe mode with network) Windows 10 would not accept my password. I followed your advice you gave to someone, by using item four of that post. From the command prompt I can follow your...