Windows 10: Delete all data from PC except Windows?

Discus and support Delete all data from PC except Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Howdy, after I want to put together a new PC soon, I sell my old pc. But I want to delete ALL data from the PC (SSD & HDD), except Windows 10! So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GurkenBuddie, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Delete all data from PC except Windows?

Howdy,

after I want to put together a new PC soon, I sell my old pc. But I want to delete ALL data from the PC (SSD & HDD), except Windows 10! So that the PC appears like new! Thanks in advance

:)

GurkenBuddie, Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows 10: Delete synced and favorites data

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you want to delete irrelevant data stored in the Computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
    • If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.
    • If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
    Method 2: Clear Favorites data.

• Click Start
    • Click Computer
    • In the address bar, paste this location: %userprofile%
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the
      %userprofile%
      folder
    • Right click on the folder, select open and you can delete the data listed under the folder.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 13, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Delete all data from PC except Windows?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Delete all data from PC except Windows?

1. Delete all data from PC except Windows? - Similar Threads - Delete data except

2. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  3. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  4. Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.: Hi,I've downloaded the Facebook messenger app from Microsoft store and suddenly I'm logged on automatically and some data seems to be saved such as when i right-click on the program on the taskbar i get a list of friends see attachment even though I'm logged out.Is there a...
  5. All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...: I did the sfc /scannow thing but no missing file was found. This is a browser-only problem, everything's fine with my launchers like steam, spotify, discord etc. I'm using Opera GX but this happens with every browser submitted by /u/MaxVLVC [link] [comments]...
  6. Delete all Mail data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all Mail data: I'm trying to free up space on my hard drive, and when I go to Settings -> System -> Storage, it says I have 30.7 GB under "Mail". I don't need any type of mail on my computer - I have gmail and can access it from my phone, never need it on laptop, and if I did, I would just...
  7. Delete ALL data of a program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete ALL data of a program?: When I uninstall and reinstall a program on Windows 10, the program always seems to recognize my data. Is there a "secret" folder where the personal data (i.e. the remaining data) is stored? How can I uninstall/delete all data of the program? (Info: When I restart my PC,...
  8. Deleted all data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted all data: During dual booting of Ubuntu i accidentally formatted my older os which is windows 10 with my personal data . Is it possible to recover windows 10 with my personal data? Please help...
  9. How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer: I've decided to sell my computer and i wanna know how to delet all my data. The files are very sensitive and i wanna be sure 100% that no one can recover them A friend of mine told me that formatting it isn't enough. So do you guys have any ideas ? submitted by...
  10. deleting all app (particular) data from Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting all app (particular) data from Win 10: how do i delete all app data from my Win 10 PC actually i want to reset my March of Empires App data (the traditional way of resetting apps from setting is not working for MOE) so i want to delete all MOE data from my PC and than install it again to see weather it works or...