Windows 10: Delete all favorites from Edge?

Discus and support Delete all favorites from Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm quite sure (up to this point anyway) that I know the difference between IE & Edge. Hovering the mouse over the Edge icon identifies that. Is this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Delete all favorites from Edge?

I'm quite sure (up to this point anyway) that I know the difference between IE & Edge. Hovering the mouse over the Edge icon identifies that. Is this because for instance, when I buy a new computer, I got into my account and my websites all come up on the (I'll call them tabs) along the top of the toolbar or whatever this is called.

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, I just needed to verify. Sorry.

When you use a Microsoft account, your settings and such will automatically sync, so that's most like where they came from.

Any luck on resetting Edge?

Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Maggidon Win User
    I took no offence whatsoever when you asked if I were using IE or Edge. You should have asked me if I was sure my computer was on! *Wink You ask what questions you want to Brink. I'm just appreciative that you're more than willing to give this a whirl.
    I never was successful in resetting Edge. Apparently since it is a protected app, it's a very difficult workaround. This really presents no problem for me since it's only Bookmarks. I thought I might just delete what was there and use a fresh import from Google. I would use Edge I think if Microsoft would allow us to have extensions, but it seems this is going to be one of those things we will be waiting for one long time. Thank you Brink for your efforts. Have a great weekend!

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  4. Maggidon Win User

Brink, one more thing if you would. Can you show me what to remove from the Registry that which the Bat file put in there. I realize it probably won't hurt anything but if you can point what to remove, I'll appreciate that.

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Maggidon Win User
    What I mean Brink, can you direct one in the Registry where this Bat file has placed the extra stuff so I can edit the Registry and delete it. In other words, show me a picture of the Registry with instructions as to where I can actually find what the Bat file has put in here. Giving me a link to the previous posting is leaving me a bit confused. Thanks in anticipation for the help.

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The .bat file to delete all favorites in Microsoft Edge only deletes the DataStore and Favorites folders in the folder location below. You would just need to go to the folder location below and manually delete them.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Maggidon Win User

I'm sorry Brink. I thought when I clicked on that Bat File, it said it was adding something to the Registry. It was what I thought was put into the Registry that I wanted to delete. So if I'm getting you right, you are saying nothing was actually added to the Registry. Sorry to keep begging this. Delete all favorites from Edge? :)

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's no problem. *Smile

That's correct. The .bat file only does what I posted above.

Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  10. Maggidon Win User
    Brink, thank you so much for your patience. I've got a couple more questions not related to this but I'll give you a breather. Again, thank you for your expertise and efforts!

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete all favorites from Edge? - Similar Threads - Delete favorites Edge

2. Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it: I use Windows 11 Edge Favorites. I have two folders, one is called Favorites Bar, the other is Other Favorites. I have been saving web sites in folders in the Favorites Bar. However, on looking in there today, all the folders have gone. There is only an icon in there to One...
  3. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  4. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?: In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted favorites in the recycle bin. Where are they? Taking room in an unseen file? Does anyone know? Was this question too hard...
  7. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  8. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  9. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...
  10. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete all favorites in edge

2. how to delete all favorites in edge

3. delete all favorites from edge

4. edge delete all bookmarks,
  5. remove all favorites edge,
  6. delete all favorites in edge 2018,
  7. delete favorites from edge,
  8. delete all favorites in edge 2019,
  9. delete all favorites edge,
  10. how to delete favorites in edge,
  11. delete all favourites edge,