Windows 10: Delete all favorites from Edge?

Discus and support Delete all favorites from Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did a big cleanup of all my Favorites in IE11, then deleted all my Favorites/Bookmarks in Chrome and Firefox and re-imported them from IE11 to make... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Carnivore Win User

Delete all favorites from Edge?

I did a big cleanup of all my Favorites in IE11, then deleted all my Favorites/Bookmarks in Chrome and Firefox and re-imported them from IE11 to make sure everything is up-to-date, at least on my primary Windows machine.

I'd like to do the same in Edge but I can't find an easy way to delete all of my favorites at once. I can only see how to delete folders one by one, a tedious chore since I have a lot of folders. Is there any way to delete all Favorites at once in Edge?

Once that's done, I need to understand how the browsers sync with each other. To my surprise, IE11 on my main PC apparently synced folders from Chrome on my Android phone. I don't know if Edge and/or Firefox are doing the same but I'm trying to start fresh with that favorites folder I cleaned up in IE11 with a little help from AM-Deadlink 4.7.

:)

Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015
  2. zipwax Win User

Deleted IE favorites keep returning

Ungh. A screenshot is not necessary to diagnose the problem... This kind of reply makes us (Microsoft) look bad.

It's easy: You have sync turned on. You delete a favorite, it should delete from the cloud's version of the favorites. It should then propagate to all the other computers that are synced to the favorites. Delete a favorite on one computer, it deletes from
    all of them.

OR

You can go up to the cloud, look at your favorites from the cloud's point of view, and add or delete from that one master list.

Get on it.

zipwax, Sep 5, 2015
  3. sba923 Win User
    Windows Phone 8.1 doesn't sync favorites with my Windows PC anymore

So? Most of my (recent) favorites still don't show up everywhere...

I'd be willing to start afresh, but for this I would need to know:

- how to delete all favorites from my phone (without deleting everything else, reconfiguring the phone from scratch just for a favorites issue would be a major waste of time)

- how to delete all favorites from the "hidden OneDrive folder"

sba923, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Carnivore, *Smile

You can delete all favorites at once in Microsoft Edge by deleting all of the contents in the Favorites folder below.

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites[/quote] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Carnivore Win User
    Thanks Brink, that worked.

Now I'll try to figure out how the browsers sync with each other but I guess that will be a subject for another thread if I can't figure it out.

Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. Maggidon Win User
    I've tried ridding the Bookmarks from Microsoft Edge by deleting the Favorites. This only got rid of the Bookmarks in Internet Explorer. Is there a way to get rid of them in Edge without wiping them out in IE. If so, the advice given here does not work for me. Please advise.

Maggidon, Nov 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  9. Maggidon Win User
    Thanks for this Brink. Might I ask what it means to 'unblock the bat file'?

Maggidon, Nov 30, 2015
  10. Maggidon Win User
    I just remembered, that I've tried this before. I see it bring up a small window & things are happening so fast then it disappears. Nothing is changed in Edge. The Bookmarks remain. I've tried running this as Administrator and the Window comes up and disappears. Again, nothing is removed from Edge. And yes, I did close Edge before running this Bat file.

Maggidon, Nov 30, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, I just noticed that the favorites are returning after the second time you close and reopen Microsoft Edge now. It didn't do that before.

For now, resetting Microsoft Edge to default should wipe them for good.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. I found the problem at least for me.

Try signing out and in after deleting your favorites in Microsoft Edge.

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  13. Maggidon Win User

Got to be away for a bit here Brink, but a question. Signing out ... is that signing out of Microsoft? Also, what is unblocking the Zip file?

Maggidon, Nov 30, 2015
  14. Maggidon Win User
    I've managed to sign out of Windows 10 but that really takes me no where. I've tried opening your bat file but that only brings up Notepad and what you've written. I don't see Powershell anywhere. Waiting for further instructions! Delete all favorites from Edge? :)
    And oh yes, I would like to have the Bookmarks removed only from Edge but not IE if possible. Thanks!

Maggidon, Nov 30, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The link in step 3 below will show you how to unblock the .zip file. It basically allows you to run it without Windows blocking it.

Using the steps below will reset Microsoft Edge and delete all of it's favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Delete all favorites from Edge? - Similar Threads - Delete favorites Edge

2. Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it: I use Windows 11 Edge Favorites. I have two folders, one is called Favorites Bar, the other is Other Favorites. I have been saving web sites in folders in the Favorites Bar. However, on looking in there today, all the folders have gone. There is only an icon in there to One...
  3. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  4. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?: In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted favorites in the recycle bin. Where are they? Taking room in an unseen file? Does anyone know? Was this question too hard...
  7. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  8. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  9. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...
  10. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199