Windows 10: Delete all folders from App Location

Discus and support Delete all folders from App Location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! How is everyone doing? Sorry to have to come here but I have a small issue I could not solve. I recently formated the computer, installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuanBuki9, May 26, 2020.

1. JuanBuki9 Win User

Delete all folders from App Location

Hello!

How is everyone doing? Sorry to have to come here but I have a small issue I could not solve.

I recently formated the computer, installed a new drive, and started installing everything in a really nice and tidy way.

I have one drive C for Windows and most Apps. And a second one D for just Games and some special programs I like to keep there.

Everything was great, I had just 4 folders on the D drive, all really tidy and I was really happy with it that way.

Until I tried to install a game on the D drive.. Windows asked me to change the default place to install Apps it was on C, and it created a loooot of folders I don't really like to be there DeliveryOptimization, Programs Files, WindowsApps, WpSystem, one with my User name...

I get it, it was my mistake trusting and changing this. I switched back to make C the default location for Apps, and moved that game from "Apps & features". But how can I delete all those junk folders on D? It's safe to just delete all of them? Of course, it's not letting me do it because I lack permissions... but if it's safe, that is a second problem.

Isn't there a nice way to just "delete old app folder location" or something like that?

Well, thanks! I'm really pissed of because of this and really hating myself haha.

:)

JuanBuki9, May 26, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete all folders from App Location :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete all folders from App Location :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 26, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Delete all folders from App Location ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 26, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Delete all folders from App Location - Similar Threads - Delete folders App

2. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  3. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  4. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  6. Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?: Hello,I've found a short line of CMD code that finds and deletes empty folders from any directory:for /f "delims=" %i in 'dir /s /b /ad ^ sort /r' do rd "%i" 2>NUL I would like to run it in C: \, but I'm concerned it might damage the entire filesystem and make my PC unusable....
  7. Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?: Hello,I've found a short line of CMD code that finds and deletes empty folders from any directory:for /f "delims=" %i in 'dir /s /b /ad ^ sort /r' do rd "%i" 2>NUL I would like to run it in C: \, but I'm concerned it might damage the entire filesystem and make my PC unusable....
  8. Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders: WinVer = 19041.508 With one exception (and that one's Location Tab doesn't work), none of my folders, including new ones I create myself, have Location tabs. I did a due-diligence search and was overjoyed when I came up with this: How to Add or Remove Location tab in Folder...
  9. Folder location of Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder location of Settings app: Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the...
  10. Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties: other tabs (Sharing - Security - Customize) were missing also but I can restore them by adding some registry keys but now I still don't have location tab I have tried this solution and it doesn't work Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10...