Windows 10: Delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the May 2021 Update, how do I delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge with Gooogle.com as my default search engine.so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruth 53, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ruth 53 Win User

Delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge

After the May 2021 Update, how do I delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge with Gooogle.com as my default search engine.so I don't build up a huge cache?Ruth 53

:)

Ruth 53, Sep 21, 2021

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Sep 21, 2021
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

temporary internet files not deleted

Hi,

Temporary Internet Files is a folder which contains browser caches of
    Internet Explorer. You cannot delete it by simply using a disk cleanup tool. You can delete it by following these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • On the General tab, click Delete. . . under
      Browsing history.
    • Check all the data the you wanted to delete and click Delete.

Note: The process is irreversible. Therefore, it is not possible to recover the deleted Temporary Internet Files.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Delete all temporary internet files from searches on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Delete temporary internet

2. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  3. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  4. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  5. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. delete temporary internet files.

delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  7. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  9. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  10. How to delete all temporary files?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why cant I delete my temporary internet files from disk cleanup