Windows 10: Delete all your forum questions (GDPR) and make all your questions private or hide your name

Discus and support Delete all your forum questions (GDPR) and make all your questions private or hide your name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to delete all my forum questions? I regret a little bit the way I wrote. It should be more professional. So, where to start to delete all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Floris#1, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Floris#1 Win User

Delete all your forum questions (GDPR) and make all your questions private or hide your name

How to delete all my forum questions?

I regret a little bit the way I wrote. It should be more professional.

So, where to start to delete all the questions or hide your name?

:)

Floris#1, Aug 3, 2018

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    delete a question

Hi,

To better assist you on how to delete a question, we'd like to gather more information:

• What question are you trying to delete?
    • Where did you post your question?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2018
  4. btabke Win User

Delete all your forum questions (GDPR) and make all your questions private or hide your name

[solved] Does the GDPR apply to a forum?

> What GDPR does that's frankly weird is mandate
    > that websites allow the complete deletion of a user.

Yes, it is a mess.

a) If you delete a user name (with out blocking reuse) a username can be recycled and thus someone can imposter someone else (already happened on another forum yesterday)
    b) Almost all modern software allows people to quote one another - there is no way to delete that sub-quoting really
    c) Most forums are strictly anonymous. Anon signup - general anon email (gmail/hotmal/yahoo ...etal)
    d) Most forums are spidered and cached by third parties including public caching systems, search engines, and even foreign governments.
    e) Most of us in the US are required by law to retain data that may be used in legal actions. (say someone slanders someone else in a forum and then asks to have their data deleted - that could be illegal in the US to delete)
    f) IP addresses are not Personally identifiable. Tor networks... vpns... private vpns... proxy caches. etal - all mean that you don't know who is a user and who is not. How many Yahoo emails can you sign up?
    g) Email addresses are not Personally identifiable. How many Yahoo emails can you signup in one hour? There are hundreds of free email providers - including some that expire in 10mins.

>GDPR strikes me as a "feel good" policy

I totally agree. However; getting websites and software makers to rethink privacy is a net plus for everyone. I do like that the focus is on the end user for a change.

The problem I see is that it is just another thing to drive small websites out of business by raising the bar that only big corporate sites can match.

btabke, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete all your forum questions (GDPR) and make all your questions private or hide your name - Similar Threads - Delete forum questions

2. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  3. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  4. How to make your Community Profile Private. Have done all it says and still not Private.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make your Community Profile Private. Have done all it says and still not Private.: Making my Community Profile PRIVATE. have done everything to make Privat yet MSN COMMUNITY will not do so.* Changed to a question & moved from Community Center....
  5. How to make your Community Profile Private. Have done all it says and still not Private.

How to make your Community Profile Private. Have done all it says and still not Private.: Making my Community Profile PRIVATE. have done everything to make Privat yet MSN COMMUNITY will not do so.* Changed to a question & moved from Community Center....
  6. Your connection is not private

Your connection is not private: every time i click on any website, i get this message constantly recently, so what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/18d5f7a0-4920-4295-a5bb-5f7f7f95a574
  7. Your connection is not private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your connection is not private: Hola, tengo un error en cualquier navegador que use al intentar entrar a google.com, el cual dice "Your connection is not private" Me pasa en cualquier navegador, desde Brave mi navegador predeterminado, Chrome y Edge. Ya intente los comandos ipconfig /release, /renew y...
  8. Search for your own question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search for your own question: How/where can one search for ones own question. I asked why my Office 7 can not open networked files since the last Windows update. I keep getting emails from this site that my question has been answered.. but the link goes to the thread I guess but to find my question...
  9. Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline: I just upgraded to 1909 and there is a question "see your activities on all of your devices" on the timeline, with only a "yes'" button. I find this annoying. Is there some way to get rid of it without clicking "yes"?...
  10. How to make it easier to ask your question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make it easier to ask your question: Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about? [ATTACH] You're about to find out ... It's a helpful way for people to ask questions in the Microsoft Community forums. I'll bet you didn't know that you could insert a table in the...