Windows 10: delete and copy operation errors in Windows 10 update 14 October 2016

Discus and support delete and copy operation errors in Windows 10 update 14 October 2016 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Deleting 374,707 items ... 99% complete <-- what is the remaining 1% ? Time remaining <-- empty, why ? items remaining: 0 (o bytes) <-- why does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Oct 13, 2016.

  1. delete and copy operation errors in Windows 10 update 14 October 2016


    Deleting 374,707 items ... 99% complete <-- what is the remaining 1% ?
    Time remaining <-- empty, why ?
    items remaining: 0 (o bytes) <-- why does it never finish delete operation ?

    Note: with delete command - as with most Windows 10 commands - verb tenses are wrong, why ?
    Example 1:
    deleting <-- preparing to delete would be correct
    deleted <-- completing deletion would be correct because operation continues even after "100%"!

    Verb tenses were mostly wrong also in Windows 8 - why ?
    whereas in Windows 7 and earlies Windows versions they were ok - why ?

    Example 2:
    copying <-- preparing to copy would be correct!
    copied <-- completing copy would be correct because operation continues even after 100% has been copied!

    :)
     
    dragonxi4tenfor, Oct 13, 2016
    #1

  2. Windows 10: how do i turn OFF the built-in webcam in aspire 5600u

    14 October 2016, still I have the very same problem, is it a Windows 10 feature? The web cam worked OK on Windows 7.
     
    Richard Quartermaine, Oct 13, 2016
    #2
  3. Kaspersky Total security 2016 incompatible with Window 10

    Hello,

    Yesterday 2016/03/14 - My system was operating with window 7 with Total security 2016 from Kaspersky wich had an update yesterday.

    today 2016/03/15 I updated Window 10 on my systems and now Kaspersky look for a file 'Product.msi' and the antivirus don't operate no more.

    What to do?
     
    Lynechevalier, Oct 13, 2016
    #3
Thema:

delete and copy operation errors in Windows 10 update 14 October 2016

Loading...
  1. delete and copy operation errors in Windows 10 update 14 October 2016 - Similar Threads - delete copy operation

  2. Deleted operating system

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted operating system: Actually one day my pc suddenly showing me and an error. It doesn't load correctly but when i try to solve it through troubleshoot it shows that d drive is blocking. So i accidentally deleted windows of my computer. After some days i stated to reintall my windows but in the...
  3. Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

    in Windows 10 News
    Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive Invalid file handle error during rename, delete, copy, etc. operations in Windows 10/8/7, here is a simple solution that will fix your problem within moments. This problem occurs when your system tries to carry out an operation [...] This post...
  4. HoloLens Windows 10 October 2018 Update available now - Nov. 14

    in Windows 10 News
    HoloLens Windows 10 October 2018 Update available now - Nov. 14: I feel inspired from working directly with our customers. The feedback is invaluable and from it we continue to evolve our platform, making mixed reality experiences more compelling and valuable with each release. I am incredibly proud to announce that the Windows 10 October...
  5. Windows 10 October Update - will my files be deleted?

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October Update - will my files be deleted?: I installed the October Update on the 3rd October, before the update rollout was halted. I'm becoming increasingly concerned by the reports of Windows deleting files. The vast majority of my files are stored in OneDrive, is there any risk that these could be deleted too?...
  6. Windows October Update May Be Deleting Your Files

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows October Update May Be Deleting Your Files: Making a backup now is a good idea --- https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/bug-in-windows-10s-latest-update-might-be-deleting-files-back-up-your-data-now/...
  7. October 2016 Cumulative Update Changed Settings

    in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October 2016 Cumulative Update Changed Settings: Windows 10 Pro x64 laptop had updates set to automatically download and then notify. (Still using v. 1511 build 10586 due to continuing reported issues with 1607.) No problems with any updates prior to Oct 2016. Oct 11 cumulative update KB3192441 apparently failed and...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Search crashing after 6/14/2016 Updates

    in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search crashing after 6/14/2016 Updates: Windows 10 Files Explorer (Search App) began crashing during most file searches after the installation of Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3149135) and other updates on 6/14/2016 By crashing, I mean after selecting a folder and typing in a...
  9. Errors in Windows 10 update by MS 14 Feb 2016 by MS

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors in Windows 10 update by MS 14 Feb 2016 by MS: Windows 10 update by MS 14 Feb 2016 has the following errors: 1) mastering two screen fails a) the other screen doesn't show all content; part of it is lost! ~ not in the previous version b) user account control screen does not show content in the screen it opens...
  10. October 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 & Power Query

    in Windows 10 News
    October 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 & Power Query: Excel 2016 includes a powerful new set of features based on the Power Query technology, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities and can be accessed through the Get & Transform section on the Data ribbon. Today, we are pleased to announce three new...