Windows 10: delete and recreate SID in the Registry

Discus and support delete and recreate SID in the Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I would like to know how to delete the local Administrator SID or all SIDs and recreate?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nickkhan#, Oct 3, 2019.

1. nickkhan# Win User

delete and recreate SID in the Registry

Hi

I would like to know how to delete the local Administrator SID or all SIDs and recreate?

:)

nickkhan#, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Lillebror Win User

WTF!!! what is up with registry cleaners??

Its because most of those keys are leading to temporary files *Smile delete and recreate SID in the Registry :) It actualy hurts performance to delete em, cause the system has to recreate the registry file.

Lillebror, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    SID

Hello Sandra, and welcome to Ten Forums. delete and recreate SID in the Registry :)

This is normal. The SID will always return when the Store cache is recreated for the user account.

What issue are you having?

Brink, Oct 3, 2019
  4. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

delete and recreate SID in the Registry 2ebv0d2_th.jpg

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. delete and recreate SID in the Registry - Similar Threads - delete recreate SID

2. SID info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  3. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  4. Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.: I have a user who consistently has issue with start Cisco AnyConnect VPN application. The application will not launch. I checked the logs and saw this message in the Event Viewer. [ATTACH] Is this error revolving around permissions? Thanks for your assistance. ~...
  5. Unknown SID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  6. Deleted W10 recovery partition - hwo to recreate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted W10 recovery partition - hwo to recreate?: Hi all Was trying to clean up an external drive in gparted from my debian OS (dual boot) that would not be read in W10. I got my sd ids mixed up and accidentally deleted the W10 Recovery partition. Any way of recreating it in the now spare space ats the end of the drive to...
  7. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...
  8. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...
  9. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    edge recreates deleted bookmarks: its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it 74039
  10. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253