Windows 10: Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

Discus and support Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott_____, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

Hi,

Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile and stores data in c:\Users\Bob. Bob is gone now. So I have removed him as a user on this computer, in order to free up space. Everything in the C:\Users\Bob directory has been deleted, except for the OneDrive and Sharepoint directories where he had synced some folders. When I try to delete them, I get the "0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running" error. Any suggestions on how to delete them? Also, deleting the locally sync'd sharepoint files from a removed user better not delete them from the cloud!

Thanks,

:)

Scott_____, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Jun 26, 2019
  3. One OneDrive/SharePoint folder for multiple Windows User Accounts

Is it possible to sync a OneDrive/SharePoint folder to C:\Share\ (for example) and then have multiple user accounts use that same C:\Share\ as their sync location?

I understand this will not work well with multiple OneDrive accounts, but in this case all the multiple users will be syncing the same OneDrive/SharePoint from their individual Windows User Accounts.

Doing this will prevent the same files from being downloaded to the same hard disk on this shared computer.

Thank you.

Seth Matthews1, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

SharePoint 2013 and Outlook

Hi Gloria,

We do understand that you want to work on your documents coming from SharePoint to Outlook. However, it is not possible to attach the files by default SharePoint as a copy. A connection is established between Outlook and SharePoint, when
    we attach a file they are attached from a cloud location and that’s why the files are attached as a link rather than a copy.

Here's a workaround, you can first try to sync the SharePoint files on your system
    locally and then browse the local folder to attach them directly as a file. To sync the files to your system, you have to use the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client. You can check this
    article
    for a detailed steps on how to install the sync client and how to sync the SharePoint and OneDrive files.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

1. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files - Similar Threads - Delete another user's

2. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  3. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  4. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library: Good day, I am having a problem synching Sharepoint Library using Onedrive, The Library does not start up/ open automatically when I start my computer, I have to go into onedrive unlink account and login to Sharepoint and click sync then it works but it will work for as...
  6. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online: I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts. SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs into errors accessing files with paths over 260 characters. Has anyone found a viable fix for this? Our pilot folders 200GB...
  7. The Onedrive syncing and deletion of files

The Onedrive syncing and deletion of files: Dear Windows Community Files copied to my Onedrive folder, are they being synced with the Windows server instantly? Where can I see files that been deleted from my Onedrive folder? Thank you in advance Best regards Emil...
  8. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  9. OneDrive deleted files that weren't synced

OneDrive deleted files that weren't synced: I've been using OneDrive since I bought my Surface Book 2 two years ago. It has always been running the background so I assumed my files were syncing online. OneDrive mostly showed that all files were up to date, so I assumed everything was all fine and good. I also had all...
  10. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local sync sharepoint

2. error the cloud provider is not running fix

3. delete onedrive cloud provider not running

4. sync local files always same as sharepoint files or not?,
  5. sync another users onedrive on laptop,
  6. one drive sync shared files locally 2019,
  7. deleted Shared OneDrive files Uservoice,
  8. old file location of onedrive wont be deleted,
  9. delete error the cloud file provider is not running,
  10. error 0x8007016a,
  11. error deleting files the cloud provieris not runningdeleted user