Windows 10: Delete app shortcut on Settings

Discus and support Delete app shortcut on Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded some Chinese software before and it automatically installed some video apps that I didn't want. After I deleted them, I found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tingting Xu, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Delete app shortcut on Settings

Hi, I downloaded some Chinese software before and it automatically installed some video apps that I didn't want.

After I deleted them, I found out that their shortcut still appear in the "Setting -> Apps & Features" section.

Screenshot below.

Can someone please tell me how to delete those shortcuts? Thanks in advance.

Delete app shortcut on Settings 2ddacd81-d0c0-4a7a-9b31-d793427f01af?upload=true.png China

:)

Tingting Xu, Dec 28, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Delete app shortcut on Settings

"Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Delete app shortcut on Settings :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Delete app shortcut on Settings

1. Delete app shortcut on Settings - Similar Threads - Delete app shortcut

2. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  3. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  4. Settings app is deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app is deleted.: Hello, everyoneMy Settings app has been deleted from Windows 10. The cause of this is because I reset my network and after the restart all the default windows apps like Search, Photos, Windows security, etc. don't even open.I tried to find if someone had this problem but I...
  5. Settings app is deleted.

Settings app is deleted.: Hello, everyoneMy Settings app has been deleted from Windows 10. The cause of this is because I reset my network and after the restart all the default windows apps like Search, Photos, Windows security, etc. don't even open.I tried to find if someone had this problem but I...
  6. Settings app is deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to set a shortcut for a computer app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set a shortcut for a computer app: I go to Apps & features, right-click the app HP Smart. Nothing happens. Just sits there. The HP Site gave those instructions. I'm guessing we're on differnt versions of Windows. I have the latest version of Windows 10, re-install about a week ago. I searched my System Drive...
  8. Shortcut to APPs in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to APPs in Settings: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3218116/how-to-make-shortcuts-to-windows-10-settings-on-your-desktop.html gives an impressive list of shortcuts to items in Settings, but it is NOT comprehensive, nor do the sections correspond to those in Settings. Is there a more...
  9. Shortcut to APPs in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to APPs in Settings: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3218116/how-to-make-shortcuts-to-windows-10-settings-on-your-desktop.html gives an impressive list of shortcuts to items in Settings, but it is NOT comprehensive, nor do the sections correspond to those in Settings. Is there a more...
  10. Shortcut to APPs in Settings