Windows 10: delete apps from rightclick menu new

Discus and support delete apps from rightclick menu new in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; help me delete all office files from the contex menu.How to delete all files on computer related to uninstalled office 2019?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmikolajekhelp, Sep 8, 2021.

1. delete apps from rightclick menu new

help me delete all office files from the contex menu.How to delete all files on computer related to uninstalled office 2019?

:)

jmikolajekhelp, Sep 8, 2021

2. I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 8, 2021
  3. elbmek Win User
    Deleting Apps in start menu

I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would not delete, so did this route and got it. Dont know if this is of any value but thought I'd tell you.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

elbmek, Sep 8, 2021
  4. mngerhold Win User

delete apps from rightclick menu new

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Well, I hope this helps the OP - it took a while. I tried 'Default Program Editor' (DPE) and it did indeed add (or remove) items, but when I tried to specifically add Word to pdf opening, it failed - it went through the motions, but nothing happened. So I started again, playing with settings for opening .doc files. This seemed to work: initially in explorer I had 3 programs appear in the 'default' list that pops up on a rt-click>open-with:

delete apps from rightclick menu new [​IMG]

and this is what the relevant bit of the Registry showed:

Don't ask me why just 3 of those 8 (a to h) programs show up (maybe the 'instant' list is limited to three? - no, see later) - anyway, I used DPE to remove Wordpad from the list: when saving the edit as a REG file, this is what I got:

Code:
    and the result in Explorer was:

and the registry now shows:

Note how item 'g' from the list has been removed (it seems there is no issue with having a letter missing). I then messed about trying to open a .doc file with various other programs, and they all started to appear in the 'instant' list:

So I thought 'well, that is easy - just open a pdf once in Word and it should appear'. So back to trying to open PDFs: but however many times I tried, Word would never appear.

even though there were any number of entries in the Registry 'Open With' list, including Word:

So what did DPE make of this - well, it showed some of the entries:

Although Word is shown, it doesn't appear on a rt-click. Its entry can be removed, but that doesn't help. So my attention was drawn to the existence of another folder below 'OpenWithList', namely 'OpenWithProgids', and that contained a specific ref to Sumatra (my preferred program for PDFs). Looking back at the same entry for .docx, I found this:

so I added an identical Word.Document.12 ref to the list for PDFs:

I think IrfanView is there as it got added during my experiments! I now get this in Explorer:

Hurrah! I then tried to use DPE to remove the redundant entries, and got this as a .REG file:
    Code:
    But when i merge that with the registry, the IrfanView item does not get deleted:

and as seen in the registry:

so I deleted it by hand, and at last have the entries I (or rather, the OP) want:

Note that my manually added reg entry is of type Binary', as there seems to be no way to add a value of type 'None'.

So it seems that DPE cannot cope with entries in the 'Progids' list, and something makes some programs fall into that list, rather than the 'openwithlist'. I am sorry for any typos above, or pictures in the wrong place - can't be bothered to check it too thoroughly. Hope it helps someone!

atb, Martin

mngerhold, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

delete apps from rightclick menu new

1. delete apps from rightclick menu new - Similar Threads - delete apps rightclick

2. Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in which the shortcut is. You then have to rightclick on that shortcut and click on "open file path" or whatever it is in english to...
  3. How to add an item in the rightclick menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an item in the rightclick menu: I want to add an item in the rightclick menu, such as open command prompt here, when I click on a folder. How should I archeive that? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-an-item-in-the-rightclick-menu/6e343c06-711b-4070-aafc-ed00f225d5f4
  4. Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section: How is it possible to delete non-system items from the context menu? As an example, I am referring to the collection of shortcuts of Libre Office and some other apps. 160575
  5. Rightclick context menu bug on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Rightclick context menu bug on startup: Im getting undo copy every bootup. Locating the file it does not exist and its dated more than a month ago. How to remove? [img] [img] 160045
  6. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  7. Taskbar rightclick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar rightclick: In windows 7, if you right clicked an item in the taskbar (e.g. the Excel tab) a list of 7-8 of your previously opened files would appear and make for easy selection. In windows 10, how do you activate this feature?? When I right click the Excel tab (or Word or PP), none of...
  8. Help with adding items to Extended (shift+rightclick) "send to" menu

Help with adding items to Extended (shift+rightclick) "send to" menu: So ive been doing some pruning and sorting after what I hope is my final reformat until I build a new pc. Part of that was the send to menu. I have it with the entries I want, however the extended send-to is now EMPTY! lol. How can I get it to mirror what I have in the...
  9. Deleting Apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Apps in start menu: I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would not delete, so did this route and got it. Dont know if this is of any value but thought I'd tell you....
  10. New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu: New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu I am certain that when i first got W10 newly installed apps showed in the all apps window, doesnt seem to be happening now... 29139