Windows 10: Delete automatic created folders in /user

Discus and support Delete automatic created folders in /user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I log into windows and open the file explorer in my user folder, there are folders like "my contacts", "my documents" etc... Even if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pixel_Pigg, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Delete automatic created folders in /user

Every time I log into windows and open the file explorer in my user folder, there are folders like "my contacts", "my documents" etc... Even if i delete them, they reappear as soon as i restart windows.
    How can i enable this, so that they´re gone for ever ?

submitted by /u/Pixel_Pigg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pixel_Pigg, Feb 5, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete automatic created folders in /user :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete automatic created folders in /user :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 5, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Delete automatic created folders in /user

Sharing User created Puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The limit of 4 custom puzzles is due to the UserPuzzles folder being full. To add more than 4 custom puzzles, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserPuzzles\UserPuzzlesPack

Note: UserName is your username.

• Delete or Rename the folder
      UserPuzzles inside UserPuzzlesPack.
    • Delete or Rename the file:
      puzzles.xml
    • Exit File Explorer and try creating the custom puzzles again.

If you’re speaking about moving the user puzzle files, you may copy it to any desired location. For more information, I suggest you to go through
    Microsoft Casual Games FAQ and post the query in
    the Casual Games community.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Delete automatic created folders in /user

1. Delete automatic created folders in /user - Similar Threads - Delete automatic created

2. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  3. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  4. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted a users folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted a users folder: Hello. I've deleted one of the users folders 2 weeks ago which was, to put it simply, a VERY, VERY DUMB idea. At first, I thought nothing of it as windows loaded up and worked but then, as expected, problems appeared as soon as I restarted the computer. first of all, some...
  6. Folders automatically creating

Folders automatically creating: its been a month that i see around 100 new folders with 2words names like "fd, ff, da, 22, 53 and..." being created automatically on my E drive, everytime i delete those, they will be back few hours later, i have Scanned the whole PC with avast premium security but there was...
  7. OTHER USER CREATED AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OTHER USER CREATED AUTOMATICALLY: I JUST USED NETPLWIZ COMMAND SO THAT I NEED NOT ENTER PASSWORD ON STARTUP BUT WHAT THIS THING DID IS IT CREATED OTHER USER ACCOUNT NOW ON STARTUP SCREEN IT SAYS PLZ ENTER A USER NAME AND PASSWORD but I cannot so then I choose my Microsoft account on left side then enter pin...
  8. Pictures folder automatically created

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures folder automatically created: Hello, I decided to use a subdirectory of my login to store my personal files, which include my own picture and video folders. Windows separately created its own pictures folder in this subdirectory, plus a 'shortcut-like' reference to it in 'This PC'. I can delete that...
  9. I created one temp folder and windows 10 deleted this folder automatically!

I created one temp folder and windows 10 deleted this folder automatically!: it's weird but after several times i find out that Windows 10 deleting all folders with "temp" name automatically. The last times for me was 1 hour ago that I used hibernating to turn off my pc. After turned it on, my temp folder was deleted by window 10. Windows 10 doesn't...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655