Windows 10: Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

Discus and support Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello ! I have an external hard drive that use as backup and is locked with Bitlocker and everything is fine for that. But in this disk I have a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCMacintosh, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

Hello !
    I have an external hard drive that use as backup and is locked with Bitlocker and everything is fine for that.
    But in this disk I have a folder named: "DVD, CD, ISO..." which is a folder of Favorites.
    Can not delete or rename it, Windows uses the 3 points as extention and does not want to know anything.
    Can not delete it with a Linux Live DVD because this an external hard drive is under Bitlocker.
    Does anyone have a solution ?
    Maybee a solution for open Bitlocker on Ubuntu or OSx ?

I have : Windows 10 Pro (1809), Live DVD of Ubuntu 18.04, USB WinPE 7, 8, and 10. Macbook OSx 10.8.

:)

JCMacintosh, Jan 23, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ?? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ?? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 creates a folder that has label "xxxx" that is very large and I would like to delete it but it i locked

Hi Nigel,

It's possible that the folder you wish to delete is saved on a drive that is secured by BitLocker, we recommend that you first turn off the BitLocker on the suggested drive by following these steps:

• Search for Manage BitLocker on the Ask me anything bar.
    • Locate and select the drive where the folder is saved.
    • Click on Turn off BitLocker.
    • From the dialog box, select Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Once you've disabled BitLocker, locate and delete the desired folder that you wish to remove from your drive.

Note: We highly suggest that you check first the content of the folder before deleting it.

Let us know if you encounter any challenge along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 23, 2019
  4. jteo90 Win User

Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

Remove BitLocker from my external HDD

Hi everyone. I'll go straight to the point. Is it possible to remove BitLocker encryption on my external HDD?

Someone encrypted my external HDD which contains 100GB of important work related documents. I have the password so I'm still able to view the files on the HDD, but I want to remove the BitLocker encryption because I suspect it's causing problems. Every time
    I try to cut/copy files in or out of the HDD, the transfer progress will just get stuck halfway, and my Windows Explorer will stop responding/crash.

I really don't want to lose that 100GB, or I'm going to get fired. At the same, this HDD is as good as trash if I can't transfer files in and out of it.

Can someone please save me?

jteo90, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

1. Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ?? - Similar Threads - Delete Bad folder

2. Unknown Bitlocker encryption on a external seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Bitlocker encryption on a external seagate HDD: To give some background I have been using a acer 300 se laptop as a gaming laptop and also to keep photos. But recently built a PC as a daily driver and was hoping to use a external hdd used on my laptop to transfer everything to me PC. So on the first time turning it on for...
  3. Bugged folder on external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged folder on external HDD: One of my folders on my external HDD randomly got the 'hidden' property. When I noticed this and tried to change it, I got an error saying the parameter is incorrect. I then cut and paste all my files in the folder into another one. When attempting to delete the old empty...
  4. Bugged folder on external HDD

Bugged folder on external HDD: One of my folders on my external HDD randomly got the 'hidden' property. When I noticed this and tried to change it, I got an error saying the parameter is incorrect. I then cut and paste all my files in the folder into another one. When attempting to delete the old empty...
  5. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  6. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  7. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  8. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

9. deleting file history on external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting file history on external HDD: Hi there I have backed up all my photos, videos and important documents to an external HDD can I delete the file history on the external HDD without losing everything that I have backed up on there. Many thanks scared to delete...
  10. Bitlocker on external HDD stuck at 24%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on external HDD stuck at 24%: I've made several attempts to encrypt my external HDD. It is a 3TB Western Digital. On this last attempt it hit 24% in a few hours and sat on that for 2 days.... It gets stuck in the low 20%'s everytime... Help Andrew...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to delete from external hdd bitlocker

2. Delete folder on external HDD

3. How can delete a bad folder on external bitlocker hdd Microsoft