Windows 10: Delete Bing from Windows 10

Discus and support Delete Bing from Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge is my default browser. That's fine. But I keep getting Bing as my default search engine. I've tried multiple ways to delete Bing from... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by herbro, Mar 7, 2021.

1. herbro Win User

Delete Bing from Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is my default browser. That's fine. But I keep getting Bing as my default search engine. I've tried multiple ways to delete Bing from my Windows 10 Pro computer but without success. How can I once and for all delete Bing ??

:)

herbro, Mar 7, 2021
  2. BillTates Win User

delete bing from win 10

Hi Annu,

many thanks. Step 1 was excellent and it seems to have worked, however, Step 2 is a non starter. Windows 10 does not have Internet Explorer it has Edge, and there is no "gear" on Edge.

I want to delete Bing from my laptop, not just remove it as the default search engine because each time I restart the laptop it comes back again! Any more suggestions to delete?

Regards,

Bill

BillTates, Mar 7, 2021
  3. delete bing from win 10

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit
    enter

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to
    disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.
    • Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.
    • Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.
    • Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.
    • Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Delete Bing from Windows 10

Bennet Martin, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Delete Bing from Windows 10

1. Delete Bing from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete Bing

2. How long after deleting browser/search/location and or download history from Bing/Edge does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long after deleting browser/search/location and or download history from Bing/Edge does...: HiI was just wondering how long it takes for Microsoft to actually delete your activity after. I read in the privacy statement that clearing data only removes your local cashed and will prevent it from popping up on your dashboard, but will still be backed up and...
  3. How long after deleting browser/search/location and or download history from Bing/Edge does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long after deleting browser/search/location and or download history from Bing/Edge does...: HiI was just wondering how long it takes for Microsoft to actually delete your activity after. I read in the privacy statement that clearing data only removes your local cashed and will prevent it from popping up on your dashboard, but will still be backed up and...
  4. How long after deleting browser/search/location and or download history from Bing/Edge does...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NGC Folder Got Deleted After I Try To Fix It Like Tutorial I Found In Bing But It Make It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NGC Folder Got Deleted After I Try To Fix It Like Tutorial I Found In Bing But It Make It...: can someone help me up ? so my laptop had a trouble with the login and the code says 0x80280013, so i try to figure it out on Bing, and it says "Delete the NGC". After i delete my NGC Folder and then try to put a new PIN/Fingerprint, it didnt work, i mean, it actually can...
  6. NGC Folder Got Deleted After I Try To Fix It Like Tutorial I Found In Bing But It Make It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NGC Folder Got Deleted After I Try To Fix It Like Tutorial I Found In Bing But It Make It...: can someone help me up ? so my laptop had a trouble with the login and the code says 0x80280013, so i try to figure it out on Bing, and it says "Delete the NGC". After i delete my NGC Folder and then try to put a new PIN/Fingerprint, it didnt work, i mean, it actually can...
  7. Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search: How to delete Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-edge-delete-bing-search/55a34e4a-9f71-4c53-abaf-a83fb169db76
  8. How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...: How do I unlink the F1 key from opening the Bing Help Browser but keep it active to allow it to be used for other applications? Sometimes the other apps will say that the F1 key is in use so I cannot assign it elsewhere, therefore want to unlink it from Win10 . How can i do...
  9. delete BING in windows 10

delete BING in windows 10: I uninstalled BING via control panel. I completely deleted BING registry files. Yet windows 10 is still directing me to BING. HOW CAN I UNINSTALL BING COMPLETELY?...
  10. how to delete Bing search history

how to delete Bing search history: Hi everyone Im sorry but I just find Microsofts system so unnecessarily long winded and confusing! I'm trying to delete my Bing search history, everytime I try it asks me to login to my account, which I do, but there is no option to delete Bing search history! I've deleted...