Windows 10: Delete Boot Info

Discus and support Delete Boot Info in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have upgradede my PC installed win10 onto a new HDD i just connected up the 2 spare HDD's in me case, but 1 must have had a copy of win 10 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bjproc, Jun 22, 2016.

1. bjproc Win User

Delete Boot Info

I have upgradede my PC

installed win10 onto a new HDD

i just connected up the 2 spare HDD's in me case, but 1 must have had a copy of win 10 in it.

after booting up for the first time, it asked me for a password, which it said was wrong

i was able to click into my account hotmail email log in to win 10 and log in with the correct password.

now, with all the other drives disconnected, i am still as getting the wrong password error, but i see on the bottom left of my screen i have 2 options to log in.
    if i pick the one with my hotmail email addy i can log in ok.

is there a way to delete this other boot info?

:)

bjproc, Jun 22, 2016
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Delete Boot Info [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageDelete Boot Info :).
    Delete Boot Info [​IMG]

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Delete Boot Info [​IMG]

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jun 22, 2016
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jun 22, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Delete Boot Info

I think downloading and installing EasyBCD will help; however, let somebody who is well-versed in EasyBCD usage guide you! Me? I'n still learning as a beginner this EasyBCD.

RolandJS, Jun 22, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The OP is confusing multiple users with dual booting. Notice bjproc doesn't want to remove a boot menu entry, he (she?) wants to remove a username entry:

Press Win key + R to open a run dialog box. Run netplwiz

How many users are shown in the netplwiz window?

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2016
  7. bjproc Win User
    well, things didn't go to plan, i've used EasyBcd before, backing up etc, well, this muppet deleted in a wee bit of haste!

tried repairing and using the command pronmt, bootrec /repairbcd etc

nothing!

just wiped the drive and starting again, it was only installed a few days ago so it wasn't really set up as the way i would use it.

i'll just have to pull the 2 spare drives and connect through a caddy to see the right storage drive then wipe the drive with the OS

bjproc, Jun 22, 2016
  8. bjproc Win User

Delete Boot Info

i'm a he *Biggrin

i'm sure it picked up one of the spare drives that had a preview of 10 on it, that i disconnected last year and forgot it was on
    hense it was picking up a dual boot, once disconnected, it still asked me what account i wanted to load/boot from

bjproc, Jun 22, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    If it asks which OPERATING SYSTEM you want to boot from, then it is dual booting (for example the choices might be Windows 10 and Windows 10 Preview). If it is asking which USER ACCOUNT you want to log in with, then the computer has completed booting and the operating system is already loaded.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Delete Boot Info

1. Delete Boot Info - Similar Threads - Delete Boot Info

2. Cannot delete info from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot delete info from File History: Cannot delete info from File History. Said Item not found. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-info-from-file-history/0f9eec05-3b99-4d9e-a591-de2f4cda6c6f
  3. deleting account info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting account info on windows 10: i want close my account on micro soft only on this pc ! allso goole i dont want my password and personal info left on it, how do i do this with out deleting it from thier sites any help would be appricated. there other user that use pc i cant factory rest it....
  4. deleting account info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting account info on windows 10: i want close my account on micro soft only on this pc ! allso goole i dont want my password and personal info left on it, how do i do this with out deleting it from thier sites any help would be appricated. there other user that use pc i cant factory rest it....
  5. deleting account info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Deleting Microsoft account info from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Microsoft account info from laptop: Hi, I am trying to delete my daughter's microsoft account info from her laptop which I am returning to the vendor due to a defect. All the online videos suggest a simple solution with changing the sign in options to a local account. Problem is that when I get to said page...
  7. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  8. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    removing personal info by deleting myself as user........: ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and delete myself, and the option of "delete all of ________ files? comes up which im supposed to say yes. BUT...if i do this, will i...
  9. mail app retains infos of deleted accounts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app retains infos of deleted accounts: i added an email account for testing and then deleted it. now the deleted account is proposed for adding everytime i go in "add account" tab. i deleted registry entries and credentials from control panel. no success. is it possible to remove or it is a bug?! thanks...
  10. Dell No POST Info on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell No POST Info on Boot: I have a dell Precision 7910 Tower with Win 10. When booting, I have no POST info displayed. Just the DELL in a big circle before going into windows. The same is on two Dell XPS8700. Anyone know of this is normal for Dell Systems with Win 10? thanks, 77645