Windows 10: delete browser history

Discus and support delete browser history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomWoodard2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. delete browser history

I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow

:)

TomWoodard2, Aug 1, 2020
  2. CatGuyTX Win User

Browser History won't delete

Try this method! The way to delete your browsing history is to go to your Settings, swipe left to go to the Applications. Select Internet Explorer. Scroll down to the bottom of that page. You will see the box that says "delete history" You will get the
    confirmation page "Are you sure?" then select delete. Your browser history, cookies, saved passwords, and temporary internet files will be deleted. The information that EdHans posted should also have worked for you.

With that taken care of:

• You will probably want to check; Allow cookies on my phone. This will make your browsing perform a little faster and not affect any purchasing of any apps you chose to buy.
    • Checking the "Get suggestions from Bing as I type" will bring up suggestions to what you may be looking for. I find this very beneficial when searching for something.
    • By 'Allow Internet Explorer to collect my browsing history' will make it easier for you to return to previous sites you visit.
    You can always follow the directions that I've posted to delete your history at leisure or when you choose.

I hope this answers your question and solves your problem. If so, please mark this answer as helpful and answered. Please post back if you need more assistance.

Have a great day!

CatGuyTX, Aug 1, 2020
  3. deleting browser history

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. This misbehavior has been reported to MS. Another user was able to delete the history completely after using the browser till the point where the affected website was pushed off the list by other websites.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Aug 1, 2020
  4. delete browser history

deleting browser history

I solved this issue on my Samsung Focus by closing out all the tabs in IE and then deleting your history.

When you open IE on your WP7, there are three icons at the bottom of the screen- Add, Favorites, and Tabs. If you have multiple tabs open then a number will be displayed inside the Tabs icon indicating how many tabs are currently open on your browser.
    Click the Tabs icon and a list will pop up showing you all the tabs that are open. There you have the option to close out the tabs by pressing the X. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but then you can go ahead and delete your history as well. I also had "Allow
    cookies on my phone" and "Let Bing suggest sites as I type" unchecked, although I'm not entirely sure that mattered.

Hope this helps!

MichaelRothGSC, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

delete browser history

1. delete browser history - Similar Threads - delete browser history

2. Prevent Browser History deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Browser History deleting: HI,can i use gpedit to prevent the users deleting the Browser History of Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-browser-history-deleting/47b2c82d-6c70-4cae-a960-071b5977cae1
  3. Prevent Browser History deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Browser History deleting: HI,can i use gpedit to prevent the users deleting the Browser History of Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-browser-history-deleting/47b2c82d-6c70-4cae-a960-071b5977cae1
  4. Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge: In this post, we will show you how you can prevent deleting browsing history and download history in Microsoft Edge. There are a couple of features present in Windows 10 that can help you disable delete or remove options for browser history and download history in Edge...
  5. How to stop browser history automatically deleting when I close the browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop browser history automatically deleting when I close the browser?: I recently selected an option on my browser so that history is automatically deleted once I close the window, but I've found that it's done more harm than good I've already looked at internet options > general > deselect 'delete browser history on exit', but my history is...
  6. Deleteing browser history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleteing browser history: I am computer illiterate. I am trying to delete something in my browser history. Help says go to "internet options". I have no idea where to go on my computer to find the first step "internet options". Can someone help a senior citizen get through this maze?...
  7. No Browser History in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser History in Edge: I've checked everything I know to check. I still cannot get any browser history. I get only the statement "You'll see your browsing history here once you've visited a site". 18472
  8. Browser History...

in Browsers and Email
    Browser History...: I noticed that the Registry Key... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage ...seems to keep a complete record of every site...
  9. browser history

in Browsers and Email
    browser history: Hi, I have a problem with browser history not showing in Edge, IE11 and Crome, I use Google as search machine in Edge. Only way I can see earlier seaches is by typing the coresponding letter. I don`t know when this occurred, I probably have set something wrong in settings,...
  10. browser in history of edge

in Browsers and Email
    browser in history of edge: hi In e11 we can browser in the history. Is there a possebility to do that in edge 26925