Windows 10: Delete button grayed out in People app

Discus and support Delete button grayed out in People app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barbaracypher1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Delete button grayed out in People app

I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete

:)

barbaracypher1, Dec 30, 2019

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 30, 2019
  3. People app error code: 0x800706d9

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to remove the account from the People app and add it again by following the steps below and check.

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Finally click on Delete Account and then select Delete.

To add an account:

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Select + add account and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Delete button grayed out in People app

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Delete button grayed out in People app

1. Delete button grayed out in People app - Similar Threads - Delete button grayed

2. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out: Hello,I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or...
  3. Install button is grayed out in all Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install button is grayed out in all Microsoft Store apps: I can't install anything from the store.What I have tried so far:Running wsreset.exe it just hangs and never ends.Troubleshoot Windows Store apps: nothing is detected.However, none helped.Windows Version 2004....
  4. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  5. Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store: After uninstalling Minecraft to update it to the latest version, the "Install" button was grayed-out. I have tried every possible fix, however, none of them was able to fix the issue. I have also reset my PC to a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 20H2. [ATTACH]...
  6. Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app: [ATTACH]If you are trying to mark a photo as a favorite, but notice that the Add to favorites button is grayed out in the Photos […] This article Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  8. Delete people from the People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete people from the People App: I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want to do; it the please permit me....
  9. maximize button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  10. Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen: Hi, I am having a weird problem. The first problem was that I could not remember my password. I kept randomly entering possible passwords, none of which worked. I turned the laptop off for awhile. When I started up again, and the Login Screen came up, the password box, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 people delete option greyed out

2. Delete is grayed out on the people app