Windows 10: Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

Discus and support Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by blueskyler, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build 17763.437)" manualy.After reboot the windows report again that the KB4493509 is suspended.If i delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content i fix the problem e i receive also the notify for the missing update but KB4493509 already manual installed?thanks

:)

blueskyler, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

How can I stop my PC from booting up Windows?

You can safely delete the contents in..

C:\Windows\Temp
    C:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp or C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download (safe to delete the whole folder) (files are needed if you ever want to uninstall a Windows update)

I'm sure others can add to the list.

Lazzer408, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Shiron Win User
    SoftwareDistribution Folder

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Is it safe to delete all the folders and files inside the
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder.

Shiron, Apr 11, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

SoftwareDistribution Folder

You mean exactly C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads contents inside download folder ? Can safely delete these, always do so number of days after installing updates. Also Use Disk Cleanup.

jds63, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

1. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe? - Similar Threads - Delete WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload content

2. Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?: I'm strapped for storage space on my laptop - around 30 GB are built in, but 20 of those go to System Files and otherwise Reserved Data. It seems like whenever I free up the slightest bit of space, that Reserved section gets just a little bigger.Majority of the remaining used...
  3. Deleted Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Content: This Discussion got deleted! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-content/51ba5d35-5b76-4682-b94e-07582985c18a
  4. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  5. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  6. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  7. [Content Deleted]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Content Deleted]: [Deleted] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/content-deleted/22fa2081-21ba-4c24-9674-ffcd2a609457
  8. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  9. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  10. Is deleting content in reg key "PackageList" safe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is deleting content in reg key "PackageList" safe?: I can not open all the Windows Apps on my Windows 10 PC for some days, including the Windows Store, Photos App, etc. They open and close immediately. One solution I came across on the internet was to delete all the reg keys in this address:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download how to delete

2. c windows softwaredistribution nvidia