Windows 10: Delete contacts from People App

Discus and support Delete contacts from People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hunter A, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hunter A Win User

Delete contacts from People App

I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out.

Thanks

:)

Hunter A, Nov 17, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Delete contacts from People App

How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts.

I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled.

How to remove them?

Delete contacts from People App [​IMG]

Delete contacts from People App [​IMG]

swatstrike, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Delete contacts from People App

1. Delete contacts from People App - Similar Threads - Delete contacts App

2. Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.: How do i delete the first two contacts from my people app in windows? They are slightly wrong where the third is correct and when I search in my Mail/Calendar people app, I cannot find them?...
  3. All contacts deleted in people app

All contacts deleted in people app: I forgot to sync my contacts to the mail and removed it from the people app. When i added the account back not even a singke contact was there. Is it possible that they may in stored in the memory of the laptop??...
  4. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

Delete A Recent Contact in the People App: I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread looking for fresh advice. Somehow, two unrelated contacts of mine (my CPA and my son's school) became linked through either my...
  7. Delete contacts from people app

Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  8. deleting contacts in people

deleting contacts in people: how do i delete all contacts at once in people app or delete account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-contacts-in-people/b27166c4-29e6-4b71-9a9c-96471f6e36ec
  9. Delete people from the People App

Delete people from the People App: I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want to do; it the please permit me....
  10. Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642