Windows 10: Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

Discus and support Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My father passed away and has an HP TouchSmart computer. He was almost blind and the computer was very helpful for him. I want to donate it to The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Diana MerenessMereness, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

My father passed away and has an HP TouchSmart computer. He was almost blind and the computer was very helpful for him. I want to donate it to The University of Colorado Anshutz Vision Center so someone can benefit from it. I watched numerous Utube videos on how to erase the content of Word and Excel, but the content won't delete. Could you please provide me with some information on how to accomplish this? My last resort would be to pay the Geek Squad at Best Buy to remove it, but a man on the Geek Squad told me it was easy so I should try first.

I believe it uses Windows 10, but originally it had Windows 7.

:)

Diana MerenessMereness, Feb 28, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

Prep for Donating My Computer

If you did real sensitive stuff, like banking and other very important things with your computer, then I suggest you take the hdd out and smash it up ,donate it with out the hdd...100% safest way

caperjack, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Word, Excel and Adobe wont print

Hi Valerie,

To provide better assistance, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Does this issue happen to all of your Word and Excel files, or the issue is it limited to a particular file?
    • What is the exact error message that you've encountered?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer before you experience this issue?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Microsoft easy fix. Click on
    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers to run the diagnostics.
    The link provides information about how Microsoft easy fix works and steps on how to use it.

We are waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 28, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

why can't I delete Word and Excel files?

Hi MaryLeef

Can you please explain where you are trying to delete these files from?

Are you trying to delete the files from the Recent list in Word and Excel or from your PC from inside Windows File Explorer

If you are trying to delete those files form inside Windows File Explorer, what if any error(s) are you seeing?

DaveM121, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

1. Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated. - Similar Threads - Delete contents Word

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Can not preview word or excel in windows explore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not preview word or excel in windows explore.: error message is "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-preview-word-or-excel-in-windows-explore/793421f0-5e5b-4300-9456-bb8b43609e45
  5. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  6. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  7. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  8. Word is not working excel is and so is access

Word is not working excel is and so is access: Word is not working excel is and so is access. Don't know why is is sudden and I didn't do anything except you wanted me to download a new version and it stopped working....
  9. Excel and Word on new WIN 10 computer

Excel and Word on new WIN 10 computer: I am 72 yr. old and just replaced my WIN7 computer with a WIN10. I do not need nor want to buy Office 365. I only ever use Excel and Word and I am completely satisfied with an older version, which I had on my old computer. Where can I download/buy Excel and Word to use...
  10. Prep for Donating My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Prep for Donating My Computer: What can I do to protect myself before donating my computer? *Smile 48195