Windows 10: Delete corrupt folders

Discus and support Delete corrupt folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mawallace, Jan 31, 2021.

1. mawallace Win User

Delete corrupt folders

I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them.

when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the uncorrputed files.

any idea how to get rid of them

:)

mawallace, Jan 31, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete corrupt folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete corrupt folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 31, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Delete corrupt folders

Help!! Can not delete folder

Thanks,
    Killbox beta worked great. I set it to delete on reboot. I was then able to Manually delete the folder.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Delete corrupt folders

1. Delete corrupt folders - Similar Threads - Delete corrupt folders

2. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  3. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  4. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  5. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  6. Cannot delete corrupted folder

7. need help with deleting a corrupt folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with deleting a corrupt folder.: So my pc keeps on bsoding when steam tries to verify a corrupt folder for tf2. So i tried to delete that folder. Ive tried using cmd, normal methods, and trying to make a new folder altogether. It still doesnt get deleted. Can someone help?...
  8. need help with deleting a corrupt folder.

need help with deleting a corrupt folder.: So my pc keeps on bsoding when steam tries to verify a corrupt folder for tf2. So i tried to delete that folder. Ive tried using cmd, normal methods, and trying to make a new folder altogether. It still doesnt get deleted. Can someone help?...
  9. Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders: Hello, when i delete a folder with x amount of files in it, the files get deleted but the folders stay. when i click on them i get error: location is not available "Path" Access is denied and they cant be deleted. any help is appreciated! 87598
  10. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder: Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one day when I tried to clear that folder there is one folder that has duplicate. The problem is one of them (the old one) can't...