Windows 10: delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

Discus and support delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B3M0R4, May 13, 2019.

1. B3M0R4 Win User

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

Hello,

I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please.

:)

B3M0R4, May 13, 2019

2. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, May 13, 2019
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, May 13, 2019
  4. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 13, 2019
Thema:

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

1. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file - Similar Threads - delete corrupted damage

2. File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable: So the dog caught the cord on my surge protector and turned the computer off right as a file was being saved. now it says that the folder the file is in is not able to be read. I have run a chkdsk and had the following: Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 581 reparse...
  3. Cannot Delete Folder The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete Folder The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am trying to reinstall AutoCAD but this file is getting in my way, currently trying to do a clean uninstall but I keep getting this message when trying to delete this folder.I have tried changing the permissions of the folder to give full control to myself, changing the...
  4. how to delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file.

how to delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file.: I cannot delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file. I've tried Command Prompt and File Assassin with no luck. The file is on an external drive which has close to 900 GB of data on it. I do not have enough space on my hard drive to transfer the data so formatting...
  5. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hello, I wanted to make a folder that had additional folders in it as well as the main folder with emojis you might use in text messages in the beginning of the name. For example, if I named a folder "Info," there is an emoji on Get Emoji Symbols a ".com" website of a light...
  6. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, build 19041.172 on a desktop machine with utilizing a single SSD for the boot drive and Storage Spaces for all of my files. The storage spaces pool is using six physical drives for a total of 30 TB 27.2 actually setup with Parity to...
  7. How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?: Hey so i was gonna play a game on steam but one of the files somehow got corrupted, i tried deleting it with cmd but it just said that it was corrupted, i read everywhere but nothing works. It's the only file that's corrupted, everything else is fine. Can someone please...
  8. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  9. Corrupt or Damaged File

Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  10. Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hi Have a folder with some subfolders that just wont delete. Can move and rename. Cannot cut and paste to another drive. I have tried the following which results in the same, just doesnt delete. Takeownership Grant me admin CMD Prompt running with admin del...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete archive corromp or ilegible in windows cmd

2. windows delete file damaged

3. deleting a corrupt and unreadable file windows in cmd

4. how to delete corrupt and unreadable files by cmd,
  5. heavyocity damage file error