Windows 10: Delete Default User Accounts

Discus and support Delete Default User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The attached shows 3 Default-related users in my Users folder. Most of the folders are empty or lead to a long string of other folders, the last of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vanp, Sep 25, 2017.

1. vanp Win User

Delete Default User Accounts

The attached shows 3 Default-related users in my Users folder. Most of the folders are empty or lead to a long string of other folders, the last of which is empty. Some actual files exist, but would be meaningful only if the main Default folder is important. Can I delete any or all of this stuff? Thanks.

Delete Default User Accounts [​IMG]

:)

2. Delete Default User Accounts

Hi Van, Its up to you whether you want to keep them or not, but if you are not using them for their explicit purpose; and you would feel more relieved not having them, then go ahead and delete them.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Van1 Win User

No, it doesn't solve it. How did DefaultAppPool wind up on my computer if IIS isn't checked? Also, do you know with absolute certainty that I can delete DefaultAppPool with no adverse consequences? And do we know with absolute certainty that I need
    to keep Default? Thanks.

Thema:

1. Delete Default User Accounts - Similar Threads - Delete Default User

2. OK to delete these user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OK to delete these user accounts?: I have recently restored my Bootcamp partition and re-set up my own and my husband's user accounts. In File Explorer, there are other accounts shown (as well as the usual Default and Public users). How can I determine which are safe to delete, please? 139253
  3. deleting a user account/users email and info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting a user account/users email and info: I just swopped for this machine and need to know how to delete her user info(name and e-mail address) from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-user-accountusers-email-and-info/3cad0258-727e-422c-99cb-a4a9dfe6a24a"
  4. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  5. Lost my default user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my default user account: My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available. Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it...
  6. Deleted user account

Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...
  7. Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Delete local user account or change default account on start up: I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove. I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start...
  8. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts: Win 10 Pro 1607, single user desktop PC. Yesterday, I changed the password on my Windows account. After that, when I booted, Windows prompted me for a password. The thing is, though, that it showed two accounts, let's call them Sam and Sam Jones. Sam Jones is the...
  9. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...
  10. User Account Deleted

User Account Deleted: I just installed windows 10. I have two user accounts. One I use for school and one I use recreational. My user account for school is gone. It does not even show up on the login menu. I have many important documents on there. How can I get the account back or at least get the...