Windows 10: Delete Default User Accounts

Discus and support Delete Default User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The attached shows 3 Default-related users in my Users folder. Most of the folders are empty or lead to a long string of other folders, the last of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vanp, Sep 25, 2017.

1. vanp Win User

Delete Default User Accounts

The attached shows 3 Default-related users in my Users folder. Most of the folders are empty or lead to a long string of other folders, the last of which is empty. Some actual files exist, but would be meaningful only if the main Default folder is important. Can I delete any or all of this stuff? Thanks.

Delete Default User Accounts [​IMG]

:)

2. Delete Default User Accounts

Hi Van, Its up to you whether you want to keep them or not, but if you are not using them for their explicit purpose; and you would feel more relieved not having them, then go ahead and delete them.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Van1 Win User

No, it doesn't solve it. How did DefaultAppPool wind up on my computer if IIS isn't checked? Also, do you know with absolute certainty that I can delete DefaultAppPool with no adverse consequences? And do we know with absolute certainty that I need
    to keep Default? Thanks.

Thema:

1. Delete Default User Accounts - Similar Threads - Delete Default User

2. Deleted user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user account: Hi. Today I turned on the computer as always. I had two accounts, one of my own which is in Microsoft and a local administrator. When the login window pops up, it automatically logs me in to an administrator account, not the main one. I checked user switching and I don't know...
  3. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  4. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  5. default user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default user accounts: I purchased a windows 10 computer from a friend and on the desktop, top left was a folder with his name. Lets call him Steve. In the directory system, under C:/users there is a folder, along with the normal "default" and "public" folders is a folder for "steve". "steve" is...
  6. User Account deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account deletion: Hi, I am an administrator trying to delete a user account named "public" in Windows 10 but I am getting error message: "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". How do I change this setting or get permission? Thank you...
  7. delete a user account?

delete a user account?: what will happen if I delete one of the 2 users on my dell computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-user-account/eb20a0a6-faec-4efd-bdb6-0463d20fa88a
  8. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  9. Deleted user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...
  10. Delete local user account or change default account on start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete local user account or change default account on start up: I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove. I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start...