Windows 10: delete desktop themes?

Discus and support delete desktop themes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone know how to delete themes and pictures from windows 10 desktop? I've spent many hours trying everything and nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by duanehulst1, Feb 17, 2020.

1. delete desktop themes?

Anyone know how to delete themes and pictures from windows 10 desktop? I've spent many hours trying everything and nothing works.

:)

duanehulst1, Feb 17, 2020

2. windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Sheri-D Win User

delete desktop themes?

Deleting a theme

Hello, I'm Sheri. I'll be happy to assist you.

Here is how to delete a theme:

Step 1: Open Settings app. Click Personalization icon, and then click Themes to see all installed themes as well as default themes.

Step 2: To delete a theme, right-click on the theme tile, and then click Delete option.

Note: You cannot delete the current applied them, so you will need to apply a different theme before deleting that one.

Best wishes,

Sheri D.

Independent Advisor

Sheri-D, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

delete desktop themes?

1. delete desktop themes? - Similar Threads - delete desktop themes

2. Desktop Theme.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Theme.: I keep getting an Error every time the wallpaper changes. It is set to change daily. A box pops up Twice saying I cannot use that theme. I have had the same theme set up since I had the Computer but it has only recently started doing this. It can cause major problems If I'm...
  3. Desktop Themes

Desktop Themes: So I got a desktop thru SNAP Benefits and PCs for People. It is a great program and has helped myself and many others get a decent home computer for a discounted price. I am greatly appreciative of this I want to say but.....Why am I not able to change my theme or backround??...
  4. Theme deletion

Theme deletion: Using Windows 10 Pro v20H2. I've deleted most of the themes (AeroLite, theme1, theme2, hc1, hc2, hcblack & hcwhite) along w/their associated files w/o any side-effects. But I'd like to know if there will be a negative side-effects when I delete the Aero theme & all its...
  5. DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES

DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES: How do I delete background themes I downloaded and no longer want so I can get new ones? Charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-background-themes/53e71f79-3b20-4a03-8d72-44ad334248e2
  6. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  7. desktop theme

desktop theme: Is there a way I can silence that sound my desktop themes has. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-theme/32489301-d316-47ba-ae68-a544397e2892
  8. Desktop theme

Desktop theme: How do I create a desktop theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-theme/9e1b592b-e61e-4825-be5f-615d1a74f7c3
  9. desktop themes

desktop themes: Running Windows 10 on desktop. Want to capture a single picture from one of the "Themes" groups. Can download a "theme" but can not open it to look at, select and "save" a specific desktop picture so I can look at it . Help! How to do this = capture and save a picture...
  10. Desktop themes

Desktop themes: I can't apply windows themes to my desktop, it keeps black though I have selected different themes in "personalize". 14286