Windows 10: Delete duplicate account

Discus and support Delete duplicate account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I inadvertently created two Microsoft accounts using the same email address and password. The first a couple years ago as personal and recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mentalite, Mar 27, 2019.

1. mentalite Win User

Delete duplicate account

Hi.

I inadvertently created two Microsoft accounts using the same email address and password. The first a couple years ago as personal and recently another when I bought Office 365.

Now it seems to take me to the old personal account whenever I log in. This means I don't have access to my full OneDrive storage and my One Note doesn't sync.

How do I delete the old account that wasn't used to purchase Office 365?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

mentalite, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Delete duplicate account

Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the account.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

• If prompted by UAC, click on
      Yes.

• Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.

• Click on a user you want to delete, and click on
      Remove.

• Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Delete duplicate account

1. Delete duplicate account - Similar Threads - Delete duplicate account

2. how do I delete a duplicate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I delete a duplicate account: I think that there have been 2 accounts set up, both with the same email address as the username but I can't tell the difference - only sometimes it wont let me log in. Initially there was an account set up for Xbox, now I am trying to set up a new gaming PC and as I apply...
  3. how do I delete a duplicate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I delete a duplicate account: I think that there have been 2 accounts set up, both with the same email address as the username but I can't tell the difference - only sometimes it wont let me log in. Initially there was an account set up for Xbox, now I am trying to set up a new gaming PC and as I apply...
  4. delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete duplicate account: I accidentally created an extra account that is tied to my Microsoft account using the same email address. How do I delete it without deleting my main account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-account/6491a6dc-6310-4198-be62-1a3a904fb63d
  5. delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete duplicate account: I accidentally created an extra account that is tied to my Microsoft account using the same email address. How do I delete it without deleting my main account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-account/6491a6dc-6310-4198-be62-1a3a904fb63d
  6. delete duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  8. Duplicate Account Not Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Account Not Deleted: I am extremely frustrated because I tried to sign in to OneNote several months ago. I thought it would be easier to sign in with the phone number associated with my existing account, rather than typing up the difficult email address. Instead, Microsoft created a whole new...
  9. duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate accounts: Microsoft created a requirement that I log in with a password with windows 10 which I did not want. I created a password and used the instructions to tell it to never ask for a password, but it constantly ask for one, both on start up and after it puts itself to sleep. This...
  10. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete duplicate microsoft account

2. delete duplicate account

3. delete a duplicate microsoft account