Windows 10: delete duplicate pictures

Discus and support delete duplicate pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have numerous duplicate pictures in my files. How do I delete them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by millertyme, Jul 3, 2019.

1. delete duplicate pictures

I have numerous duplicate pictures in my files. How do I delete them

:)

millertyme, Jul 3, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 3, 2019
  4. SenaCay Win User

delete duplicate pictures

DELETING DUPLICATE PICTURES

I have pictures everywhere ... the same ones. I have moved many to an External Hard Drive, but I still have some in Picasa, Windows 10, my phone, OneDrive, icloud, ipad, Windows 8, and even a Kindle Fire. I have too many devices uploading and saving my
    pictures. I need to clean up my mess and put them all in one place.

Any suggestions as to how I can organize them, and then delete the duplicates?

I am thinking I can organize them by year, and then by month/events.

Appreciate any leads on free downloadable software to help me in my project.

I just don't know where to start!!

Thanks for your ideas, leads, and thoughts.

S

SenaCay, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

delete duplicate pictures

1. delete duplicate pictures - Similar Threads - delete duplicate pictures

2. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  3. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  4. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  5. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  6. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  7. Duplicating my pictures

8. DUPLICATE PICTURES

DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  9. duplicate desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate desktop pictures: I have a number of pictures on my desktop. When I open a particular picture, I noticed all the other pictures on my desktop are included with the picture I just opened. If I try to delete the unwanted pictures form this file, they get deleted from there orginal file. In...
  10. Duplicate pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate pictures: Hello, yes so I am sorting through the files on my laptop and discovered I had a few photos the same, so I decided to put all the pictures I had into one folder and as they were transferring a message read that an image had the same name with the option to skip or replace...