Windows 10: Delete everything off a recovery drive

Discus and support Delete everything off a recovery drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a recovery drive for my laptop but now i want to convert it back to a memory drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Need Hel, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Need Hel Win User

Delete everything off a recovery drive

I created a recovery drive for my laptop but now i want to convert it back to a memory drive

:)

Need Hel, Sep 26, 2020

2. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Delete everything off a recovery drive

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Delete everything off a recovery drive

1. Delete everything off a recovery drive - Similar Threads - Delete everything off

2. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?: I deleted One Drive from my PC. However, it's still show 99% full storage on my outlook account. I don't want anything on One Drive. I even deleted it from my PC. How can I delete my things on One Drive, or stop showing 99% full storage on my outlook account?...
  3. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?: I deleted One Drive from my PC. However, it's still show 99% full storage on my outlook account. I don't want anything on One Drive. I even deleted it from my PC. How can I delete my things on One Drive, or stop showing 99% full storage on my outlook account?...
  4. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleted everything in OS C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted everything in OS C: drive: HiI accidentally cleaned my disk with the OS and recovery partitions on it installing Windows 10 from a USB. I was trying to create a new partition for it to be installed on, and wiped “Disk 0” clean instead of “Disk 1”, which was the USB flash drive. I am trying to recover...
  6. Deleted everything in OS C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted everything in OS C: drive: HiI accidentally cleaned my disk with the OS and recovery partitions on it installing Windows 10 from a USB. I was trying to create a new partition for it to be installed on, and wiped “Disk 0” clean instead of “Disk 1”, which was the USB flash drive. I am trying to recover...
  7. EVERYTHING DELETED

EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  8. everything was deleted

everything was deleted: please help me, today i was on my laptop as normal and it was very laggy so i turned it on and off. but then when i logged back in my whole laptop was wiped and i've tried to get everything back but it wont let me as i have a “temporary profile” which i never had before,...
  9. Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...: i just did a "test run" of this on my current ssd and the windows fresh install tool from microsoft left everything on my hard drives without giving me an option to format. im obviously missing a step here. there was no option to format anything using the fresh install tool....
  10. Deleting Recovery Partition of Other Drive

Deleting Recovery Partition of Other Drive: [ATTACH] I want to remove recovery drives from my disk 0 (which is HDD) which I had cloned from my ssd (which is disk 1) as I accidently deleted windows system file drive of disk 0. I searched it on internet but It didn't worked as you can see. So what should I do?...