Windows 10: Delete existing profile and create a new one

Discus and support Delete existing profile and create a new one in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LouisPecot, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Delete existing profile and create a new one

i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create my own?

:)

LouisPecot, Nov 22, 2018

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Devi Rana Win User

Delete existing profile and create a new one

Windows 10 1809 - again deleted and created new profile

Hi,

With Windows 10 1809 , all my data was lost when it first install. Today, it created a memory dump and again deleted my profile. Can you please provide me steps to backup my profile or any other option,

Thanks,

Devi.

Devi Rana, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Delete existing profile and create a new one

1. Delete existing profile and create a new one - Similar Threads - Delete existing profile

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  4. we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the second partition of the drive 1,but as u can see below,I can't because that error. On the disk 1 partition 1 there is another installation of Windows 10. The whole disk is formatted with the NTFS fs and...
  5. Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!: I downloaded Windows 10 May 2019 update from Microsoft on May 24.. Used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media (USB drive). I used DISKPART to clean drive and put it in “uninitialized state”. Regardless of attempts to do clean install on either HD or SSD,...
  6. Delete old administrator and create new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...
  7. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  8. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
  9. We could not create a new partiiton or locate an existing one

We could not create a new partiiton or locate an existing one: The error in the title appears when I try to format my C partition to install windows 10 there. This error does not appear when I install windows 7,I just formatted and installed 7 successfully however it doesn't work for Windows 10. Specs 2.9 GHZ xeon quad core 8 Gb...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...