Windows 10: delete file that does not seem to exist

Discus and support delete file that does not seem to exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrLi, Dec 27, 2019.

1. DrLi Win User

delete file that does not seem to exist

I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one folder I can see . If I connect the same drive to my router Netgear C3700 and view the files via ReadyShare, there are bunch of folders and files within thoe folders. When I try to delete the files within the folders I get the following error:

delete file that does not seem to exist 6e4ee2ff-5499-48a7-82f6-0dbdb673d426?upload=true.png

I tried deleting the files using Windows PowerShell running as administrator with "del D*. If I then check the directory several times the files seem to be gone. But if I check it again the files are back see screen shot below.

delete file that does not seem to exist 65a6fb1d-f6f2-4168-a529-72d9d6841331?upload=true.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

2. Lots of Should-Be Non-existant Files

thanks. i scrolled through the first 500ish and moved most to a remote directory. if that goes well for a while, i'll delete that directory and move on to the next 500ish in the list.

theres no point in leaving those empty files right? the ones that contained data i actually looked through, but the rest i just selected them all and moved (soon to be deleted).

swimdude0614, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 27, 2019
  4. stevednmc Win User

Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. delete file that does not seem to exist - Similar Threads - delete file does

2. File location does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File location does not exist.: I'm trying to download footage using Edge through IE mode. It says downloaded but the file location does not exist. I even changed the download location to D drive but the same thing happens as that file patch doesn't exist. But through the CCTV interface, it shows me the...
  3. File location does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File location does not exist.: I'm trying to download footage using Edge through IE mode. It says downloaded but the file location does not exist. I even changed the download location to D drive but the same thing happens as that file patch doesn't exist. But through the CCTV interface, it shows me the...
  4. File location does not exist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to delete a file that does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a file that does not exist?: I run Windows 11.I have a Roblox Player file that does not exist.When I go to my Apps & Features application, the file shows up, without a logo. I am unable to delete it, as when I try, I get this error."Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...
  6. How to delete a file that does not exist?

How to delete a file that does not exist?: I run Windows 11.I have a Roblox Player file that does not exist.When I go to my Apps & Features application, the file shows up, without a logo. I am unable to delete it, as when I try, I get this error."Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...
  7. A file on my desktop cannot be deleted because it does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file on my desktop cannot be deleted because it does not exist?: I have a file on my desktop that I cannot delete. I searched the internet but most info is from 2 or 3 years ago. I have tried the CMD routine but it shows it cant delete because file does not exist. It shows on my desktop. I tried to delete the icon cache but no luck. I have...
  8. A file on my desktop cannot be deleted because it does not exist?

A file on my desktop cannot be deleted because it does not exist?: I have a file on my desktop that I cannot delete. I searched the internet but most info is from 2 or 3 years ago. I have tried the CMD routine but it shows it cant delete because file does not exist. It shows on my desktop. I tried to delete the icon cache but no luck. I have...
  9. Delete undeletable file that does not exist

Delete undeletable file that does not exist: I spent hours trying to sort his out. I found the answer here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/WINDOWS/en-US/be3fe04d-e725-4199-828c-30eef70fcf95/unable-to-delete-folder-could-not-find-this-item?forum=winserver8gen. Special thanks to Razya73...
  10. "Missing" file seems to still exist

"Missing" file seems to still exist: I have a shortcut to a file on our server at work that when I clicked on it to launch the file, told me it couldn't find it and asked if I wanted to delete the shortcut. I did a search in File Explorer on both the server and my local hard drive and couldn't find it. I opened...