Windows 10: Delete file that wont delete

Discus and support Delete file that wont delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have already gone through all the forums and a large majority of searches. Here is what I have: I have a file on a users desktop that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamITTech, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Delete file that wont delete

I have already gone through all the forums and a large majority of searches. Here is what I have:

I have a file on a users desktop that was incorrectly saved with additional information after the extension. The files name is similar to this "delete-file.jpg-username sr." so when you try to delete it of course it says it cant find the file, you cant move the file, you cant rename the file because of the space sr. at the end of it.

I have tried to rename it, i have used the cmd prompt attempt, i have also used the safe mode attempt. None of these work. It would be easier Im sure if it was just a bad extension without the additional space in the extension name.

I do have full admin rights to the computer so any suggestions outside of rebuilding the whole computer would be appreciated.

OS is Win 10

Thank you.

:)

WilliamITTech, Oct 24, 2019
  2. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Oct 24, 2019
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Oct 24, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Delete file that wont delete

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Delete file that wont delete

1. Delete file that wont delete - Similar Threads - Delete file wont

2. STOPABIT wont uninstall after deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOPABIT wont uninstall after deleting files: i have found the files and deleted them on file explorer but when i go to installed apps from setings i still see stopabit version 1.0.4.1 and it says windows cannot find when i try uninstalling it from there...
  3. deleting an app that wont delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting an app that wont delete: I cant delete this app called "MobiVBotSVC.exe" and I looked it up and it seems like malware. And it made a ton of delete-able copies which I deleted, but I cant delete this certain one: 2023-03-31-00-07-29.030-MobiVBoxSVC.exe-18336. I want to delete it because it seems like...
  4. deleting an app that wont delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting an app that wont delete: I cant delete this app called "MobiVBotSVC.exe" and I looked it up and it seems like malware. And it made a ton of delete-able copies which I deleted, but I cant delete this certain one: 2023-03-31-00-07-29.030-MobiVBoxSVC.exe-18336. I want to delete it because it seems like...
  5. deleting an app that wont delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. file wont delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file wont delete: I have a MP4 file that won't delete. I try to delete in Windows 10 explorer and it keeps saying Preparing to recycle Discovered 0 items 0 bytes. If I click on the file it will play the video....
  7. $WINDOWS.BT Wont delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    $WINDOWS.BT Wont delete?: Hello, I've tried deleting this folder trough Disk Cleanup, where it does not show up, CMD using a command line, and through right click>Delete. I was wondering how I can delete this file as it is taking up 21gb of much needed space submitted by /u/Et3rnalKing [link]...
  8. Unknow file wont delete: 'ENE' what is this?

Unknow file wont delete: 'ENE' what is this?: I was looking for something on my pc the other day and when i accessed: This Pc > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files. i noticed there is a file named 'ENE' which iv never seen before, its 3.86MB in size and was created on 24/8/19. Inside it is 3 files with weird titles:...
  9. my files wont delete

my files wont delete: every time i run disk clean up it says all my files were deleted but when i run it again some files are still their like temp internet files, so my question is how do i completely remove temp internet files?...
  10. temp files wont delete

in Windows 10 Support
    temp files wont delete: My temp files are now just under over 800 megs. I tried some of the suggestions on this site, I could not even get to the app data file, it either was not there at all or I ended up somewhere else and the folder was empty. Could I get a guide to this file, windows 10 home...