Windows 10: Delete File works on Windows

Discus and support Delete File works on Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Acaahayuhuy, May 12, 2019.

1. Delete File works on Windows

Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code?

appreciated

:)

Acaahayuhuy, May 12, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 12, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Delete File works on Windows ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 12, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Delete File works on Windows

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Delete File works on Windows

1. Delete File works on Windows - Similar Threads - Delete File works

2. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows files: I permanently deleted my windows files, I am now currently stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot get out of it no matter what I do; I tried a lot of YouTube videos, websites, and literally every option on the automatic repairing screen. I don’t have any...
  3. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows files: I deleted my windows file and now I am stuck on the automatic repairing screen, I tried the commands, restarting, deleting everything, and a lot of YouTube videos and none seemed to work. I don’t have anything that can restore it, I need help asap. Everything I do always...
  4. Windows Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Deleted Files: I was going through my computer when I opened a app and a windows pop-up showed up. I looked at it and it said "threat.xyz" or something like that, and it asked to delete it. I clicked delete, not knowing it was a file that I needed in order to run the app I had just opened....
  5. Deleting windows file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting windows file.: I put another copy of windows 10 on my SSD and booted off of that, so I have 2 windows on my pc and trying to get rid of the windows off the old drive. How do I remove it? submitted by /u/MelonASE [link] [comments]...
  6. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...
  7. Windows deleting files

Windows deleting files: Hey, I use windows 10 on my laptop. All of a sudden it has started every file I try to open. I have lost an entire folder because of this issue. When I open my desktop files it says that window is unable to find these files. Please suggest a solution as I am unable to use my...
  8. Delete File Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete File Works: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? appreciated 132459
  9. File Delete Works

File Delete Works: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS? I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? Anyone have any reference to prove how deleted file works? appreciated...
  10. Deletion of temp files and previous installation files not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of temp files and previous installation files not working.: Even when using disk cleanup in admin account it will say deleted but after restarting and going back into disk cleanup they are back. Even using Windows app they come back after deletion . See screenshot On another note system restore doesn't seem to work , i did...