Windows 10: Delete File Works

Discus and support Delete File Works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Acaahayuhuy, May 12, 2019.

1. Delete File Works

Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code?

appreciated

:)

Acaahayuhuy, May 12, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 12, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, May 12, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Delete File Works

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Delete File Works

1. Delete File Works - Similar Threads - Delete File Works

2. Deleted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted files: This is a stupid question I know but I forgot how to delete all the files that are stored before permanently deleting them file manager I thought cause its been along time and it has to be using a lot of hard drive space! Thanks any word when we get our windows 11 upgrade?...
  3. Deletion of deleted user's files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deletion of deleted user's files.: I'm deleting the files of an account that I have recently deleted off of my computer, and I'm worried that the files will not be on the other computer the account is on, I just want to make sure that the files I am deleting won't be deleted on the other computer. And sorry if...
  4. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...
  5. FILES TO DELETE

in Windows 10 Customization
    FILES TO DELETE: Hi I am trying to free up space on my PC and have found files relating to Windows XP and VIsta. I have Windows 10 for some time now. Can I delete those old files? Also what other files can I delete that won't harm my system? Lava Soft Photdex Softorino etc? Also when I...
  6. DELETING FILE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DELETING FILE: DESKTOP WAS WORKING OK , LAST FEW DAYS I LEAVE PC FEW HOURS OR NEXT DAY TO USE MY PC MOST FILES AND FOLDERS ON DESKTOP ARE DELETED AND THERE ARE OFFICE SHORTCUT ICONS THESE OFFICE ICONS WHITE ICON WERE NOT THERE BEFORE .HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE ....
  7. Delete file that wont delete

Delete file that wont delete: I have already gone through all the forums and a large majority of searches. Here is what I have: I have a file on a users desktop that was incorrectly saved with additional information after the extension. The files name is similar to this "delete-file.jpg-username sr."...
  8. Delete File works on Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete File works on Windows: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? appreciated 132458
  9. File Delete Works

File Delete Works: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS? I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? Anyone have any reference to prove how deleted file works? appreciated...
  10. Deletion of temp files and previous installation files not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of temp files and previous installation files not working.: Even when using disk cleanup in admin account it will say deleted but after restarting and going back into disk cleanup they are back. Even using Windows app they come back after deletion . See screenshot On another note system restore doesn't seem to work , i did...