Windows 10: Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler

Discus and support Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to Delete multiple files from multiple folders through Task Scheduler. Is there a command that can execute this requirement? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SrinivasanRathinavelu, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler

Hi,

I want to Delete multiple files from multiple folders through Task Scheduler. Is there a command that can execute this requirement?

The forfiles script is working for single folder but my expectation is to delete multiple files from two or few folders selected in the query.

Please help me if anyone know it.

Regards,

Srinivasan

:)

SrinivasanRathinavelu, Nov 19, 2018
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Task Scheduling help/idea,

Ok, my goal is to use IOGraph to record my mouse moments, What I would like to do, is use a task scheduler to make iograph save the photo ever 30min or so to a folder (in background if possible). Then I want to make a script that will delete jpgs that are older than 4 hours (any amount of time really). I would then set that folder to my desktop background folder.

Anyone here proficient in using a task scheduler for anything like that? *Toast :toast:

GSG-9, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 19, 2018
  4. jgunning Win User

Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler

1. Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Delete files multiple

2. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  3. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I deleted StartupCheckLibrary and SrvHost from the Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted StartupCheckLibrary and SrvHost from the Task Scheduler: Some time ago, because I was getting the error message “Missing StartupCheckLibrary.dll” every time I was turning on the pc, I decided to go to the Task Scheduler and delete StartupCheckLibrary from Microsoft/Windows/Application Experience and SrvHost from...
  6. Running a script on file deletion with task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a script on file deletion with task scheduler.: I'm trying to figure out how to run a (python) script whenever any file is deleted with task scheduler. I tried googling but with no success, all I found out was that the event ID for file deletion is 4660 I think, and it's probably under security logs. The problem is that...
  7. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  8. Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.: In the Add arguments(optional): Can I pass two tasks to perform? add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t...
  9. Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler: I'd like to be able to run Windows updates each day at 2:00am. I need to move them to non productive hours. I read the posting by Brink on setting the Automated Updates. I confirmed my settings and ensured my wake timers (under Sleep in Advanced Power Options) is set to...
  10. Empty folder in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder in task scheduler: I open task scheduler as administrator. I navigate to Microsoft, Windows, RAC. The task is empty. The RAC folder is System32 is there, but empty as well. The reason I looked is that my Reliability Monitor is no longer an option in Security and Maintenance. I've been having...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forfiles through task scheduler not deleting files