Windows 10: delete files on PC but not cloud

Discus and support delete files on PC but not cloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have run out of room on my windows 10 Stream PC , I would like to delete some photos on the PC but keep the photos on the cloud Onedrive. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathyWoolsey, Apr 24, 2019.

1. delete files on PC but not cloud

I have run out of room on my windows 10 Stream PC , I would like to delete some photos on the PC but keep the photos on the cloud Onedrive. I tried turning off sync and deleting a photo but when I put sync back on the phot was deleted from the onedrive cloud.

:)

KathyWoolsey, Apr 24, 2019
  2. AndySteck Win User

Unable to delete cloud playlists

I too am experiencing issues in deleting playlists from the Windows 8 Music App. I used the import feature in said app and would like to keep most of them there for use on that PC. However I would like to delete many of them from the cloud. With the
    Cloud option selected I select a playlist then select the delete option. However nothing happens. The playlist remains in the cloud there, on my WP 8 phone and my xbox. My goal....

• Delete some playlists from the cloud while having them available locally on that PC

AndySteck, Apr 24, 2019
  3. AndySteck Win User

Thanks Smittychat for the response. I need to reiterate however that the problem is with Playlists, not artists/songs/albums to the first steps you list above don't apply to my situation.

I looked at the threads above and it appears that the solution most had was to leave the Sync to Cloud option turned off with the PC Music App. I would hate to do this because I frequently add music to My Music with my PC so that I can have it in my library
    when using my phone.

Your second set of steps say to locate the music files where it is stored...... My issue isn't with duplicates, it's simply that I can't delete cloud playlists so that they do not show up on my phone or xbox live. Currently there are no playlists showing
    up in the Music App with my PC because I uninstalled/reinstalled it. So why are cloud playlists still showing up on my Phone and Xbox Live?

AndySteck, Apr 24, 2019
  4. AndySteck Win User

delete files on PC but not cloud

I spoke too soon. For some reason the one playlist that I tried to delete previously did delete. However it appears to be the only one. To recap...

• All Playlists that I imported via the Windows 8 (PC) Music App synced to the Cloud.
    • They all showed up on my Windows Phone 8 and Xbox Live, and I could not delete them from the cloud using the Windows 8 (PC) Music App or any other device.
    • I uninstalled / reinstalled Windows 8 (PC) Music App and have not imported any playlists.
    • All Playlists are now gone when viewing playlists with the Windows 8 Music App, however they are still showing up on my Windows Phone 8 and Xbox Live.
    • I can not delete these playlists. I have tried the following...
    • Select playlists in Windows Phone 8 and choose delete. Doesn't work.
    • Connect phone to PC. Use File Explorer to delete playlists. They appear to be deleted in File Explorer but after disconnecting phone, opening Music App with phone, all playlists are still there. Reconnect phone to PC, view playlists with File Explorer
      and all playlists are back.
    • Connect phone to Windows 8 PC. Use Windows Phone App for Windows 8 to view playlists on the phone. Not all playlists show up. Try to delete a playlist and I get an error that the file wasn't deleted. Reinstall Windows Phone App for Windows 8. Still,
      not all playlists that show up when using the phone music app show up in the Win Phone App for Win 8. Try to delete any playlists and still get the error that the file wasn't deleted.

Please help. It is extremely annoying to not be able to simply delete a playlist!

AndySteck, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

delete files on PC but not cloud

1. delete files on PC but not cloud - Similar Threads - delete files cloud

2. How to delete Xbox cloud save PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Xbox cloud save PC: Hi!I paid for 1 month of PC Game Pass non-Ultimate to try out Forza Horizon 5. The month is about to expire, and I want to delete all my progress in the game from the cloud. How do I do that from Windows 10 PC? I installed from the Xbox app....
  3. How to delete Xbox cloud save PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Xbox cloud save PC: Hi!I paid for 1 month of PC Game Pass non-Ultimate to try out Forza Horizon 5. The month is about to expire, and I want to delete all my progress in the game from the cloud. How do I do that from Windows 10 PC? I installed from the Xbox app....
  4. Is One Cloud deleting my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is One Cloud deleting my files: I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external drives? I have no use for one drive. I've wasted immeasurable time reconstructing deleted files. Every couple of years certain...
  5. Is One Cloud deleting my files

Is One Cloud deleting my files: I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external drives? I have no use for one drive. I've wasted immeasurable time reconstructing deleted files. Every couple of years certain...
  6. Is One Cloud deleting my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cloud to PC docs files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud to PC docs files: -I did not know all my files were uploaded to the cloud when I set up my new PC using win 11. I followed the instructions on how to move the files to the PC from the clouds. Now, a number of folders are empty. What happened?...
  8. Cloud to PC docs files

Cloud to PC docs files: -I did not know all my files were uploaded to the cloud when I set up my new PC using win 11. I followed the instructions on how to move the files to the PC from the clouds. Now, a number of folders are empty. What happened?...
  9. How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder: I am no longer a member of Adobe Creative Cloud community, and suddenly, I just can't delete this folder from my PC. Is there an easy way to get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  10. OneDrive Cloud: searching, deleting bulk duplicate photos on OneDrive cloud but NOT on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Cloud: searching, deleting bulk duplicate photos on OneDrive cloud but NOT on PC: For my mobile phone photos, they get saved in the Photos section of OneDrive in the cloud. They are NOT synchronised to my laptop. However those photos in the cloud have hundreds or thousands of duplicates. What steps / software can one use to purge them in the cloud? Having...