Windows 10: Delete gets activated constantly

Discus and support Delete gets activated constantly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a couple of weeks I've been having a persistent issue where delete keeps getting activated. When this happens all text in front of the cursor gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmieFrisch, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Delete gets activated constantly

For a couple of weeks I've been having a persistent issue where delete keeps getting activated. When this happens all text in front of the cursor gets rapidly deleted, and any file or deletable thing I click on gets deleted. The issue happens across all programs including MS Word, Chrome, File Explorer, Lightroom, and so on. It seems to get temporarily turned off when I press the left Ctrl key, but then it turns back on within a few seconds or minutes. I can't figure out anything that I do that is turning it back on. If I restart my computer the issue stops temporarily, but then comes back. I've removed the right Ctrl key and Delete keys to make sure nothing is stuck in there. I've turned off all the options for sticky keys in the settings too. This issue is infuriating and preventing me from getting my work done. Please help!

:)

AmieFrisch, Apr 2, 2020

2. SSD Constantly Active

May be something to look into, but I had a similar LED activity light on the Plextor M.2's early on. The activity light was just constantly on, like it was doing something, had me very worried! Ended up being a firmware update that I needed to correct it. Was much more quiet after that. Just seemed it reported it's activity incorrectly.

What about if you load into the BIOS/UEFI and just sit there. Is it still lit up likes it's active?

Cybrnook2002, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Delete gets activated constantly

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Delete gets activated constantly

1. Delete gets activated constantly - Similar Threads - Delete gets activated

2. Getting constant BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting constant BSOD.: Hello, I currently get BSOD daily whenever I use my computer. It has been an ongoing issue for several months now so any help is appreciated. Here are my specs;Device name DESKTOP-U09DQ9D Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz Installed RAM 15.9 GB Device ID...
  3. Deleted Windows, Did Activation Get Lost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Windows, Did Activation Get Lost?: So I've downloaded another OS and it accidentally wiped my whole system SSD. I had windows 10 activated with a key (they are expensive here). If I re download Windows and log in with my account does it get activated? Did the activation just disappear? submitted by...
  4. Constantly getting BSODs

Constantly getting BSODs: Hello, I bought a new MOBO, CPU and RAM about a month ago. I put all of that into my computer, checked everything twice, and then started it. But there was a problem, I didn't know that I need to reinstall Windows when I change my MOBO, so I did that. I went with the Windows...
  5. Constant Hard Disk Activity

Constant Hard Disk Activity: My hard disk spins constantly -- absolutely never stops. Checked disk monitor which shows it running at 100% almost every second. Then checked resource monitor which shows the following svchost.exe UniStackSvcGroup or System will have Read/Write bits per second at 1-2...
  6. Constantly getting BDOS

Constantly getting BDOS: Hello I have been getting bdos errors since I formatted my computer and each time there is a different error I cannot understand what is wrong with it at first I thought it is because of my new ram stick but it was not giving any error before formatting my computer....
  7. Constantly deleting the same devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly deleting the same devices.: I'm not sure if this is a glitch. I've deleted devices I no longer use off of my account profile. I've changed my password many a times, yet somehow the PC at my former employer's keep showing up as my owned devices. I signed-in to play games via "Xbox Live Play Anywhere."...
  8. Constantly getting BSOD

Constantly getting BSOD: Hi all, I've a problem with bsod. Everytime I try to play a game (warframe) I get a bsod with this error: system_service_exception (msrpc.sys). I tried to reinstall my os 2 times but I have always the same problem.. I've installed only all essencial software and drivers....
  9. emails are constantly deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails are constantly deleted: I cannot find emails that are over couple of months. They seem to automatically deleted after a certain period of time. I use gmail, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-are-constantly-deleted/4c3afad0-2adc-4088-a2bd-1038d2b2e86d"
  10. Constant hard disk activity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant hard disk activity: My pc runs an SSD for windows but I have a secondary internal mechanical 3 TB hard drive. Tonight it sounds like the mechanical hard drive is in constant activity. I checked task manager and it's not showing any usage, 0% as expected so I am wondering why it is busily...